scrappie24

520h No Power

scrappie24

HI Im New To This, But I Have A Wheel Horse 520h Powered By An Onan p220 That Has Ran Fine Then Backed Off The Trailer And It Died. Now Has NO Power To The Starter From Key Switch

I Can Go Directly To Starter And Make IT Fire Up But Cannot Move IT It Dies When I Try Moving Or Engaging The Blades. I Have Replaced All Fuses And a Bad Wire On The Main Wire Harness

Im Lost As To What To Try Next

Thanks

KC9KAS

@scrappie24 sounds like a safety switch problem.

After re-reading the post, there are several posts on Red Square dealing with electrical connection problems with the 520's

Make sure ALL connections are clean and properly connected.

Oh, and :WRS:

scrappie24

One Thing I Forgot To Mention Was, When The Key Is Turned The Voltage Meter Needle Goes Backwards

Tried To Disable The Safety Switches But They Are Not A Simple 2 Wire Switch. So Not Sure How To Disable Them To Figure Which One May Be Bad.

Thanks

Edited by scrappie24

cheesegrader

If you have no power when turning the key (No warning lights on the dash),

the three possible culprits are

1)battery

2)ignition switch

3)short at fuse block

I've played this game more times than I like to remember.  I now have a spare ignition switch.  

I recommend cutting out the old fuse block and replacing with sealed individual holders.  You are going to have to do it one day.

This should at least get power to relays and safety switches, where things get interesting.

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair
2 hours ago, scrappie24 said:

One Thing I Forgot To Mention Was, When The Key Is Turned The Voltage Meter Needle Goes Backwards

Tried To Disable The Safety Switches But They Are Not A Simple 2 Wire Switch. So Not Sure How To Disable Them To Figure Which One May Be Bad.

Thanks

The one under the seat is just 2 wires, you can quickly eliminate that.

scrappie24

Seat Switch Disconnected.

The Part That Don't Make Sense Is The amp Meter Going Backwards When Key Is Turned

Thanks To All That Have Replied

• Like 1

WH nut
15 hours ago, scrappie24 said:

Seat Switch Disconnected.

The Part That Don't Make Sense Is The amp Meter Going Backwards When Key Is Turned

Thanks To All That Have Replied

It will show neg amp with key on engine off. Its working properly if it goes to the positive with engine running. It should have a volt meter instead of an amp gauge

608KEB

In addition to fuse box. Check the 9 pin connector. 

• Like 1

Rob R

I agree with 608KEB I fixed one recently had like problems, it was the Nine Pin White connector (behind dash) which caused all the problems, soon as I replaced it everything (including  all the gauges) worked properly.