leeave96

What Blizzard?????

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
On Sunday, January 24, 2016 at 9:53 PM, WNYPCRepair said:

Good question. My dad looked at a tiny little car in the 70's where the front end swung open like a door. 

I'm considering plowing the 3" of snow on my lawn into my driveway so I can try out my blowers. :)

Probably a BMW Isetta..I think.

Glenn

• Like 1

857 horse
9 hours ago, Ranger13148 said:

I filled my tires the gravity way. I took the core out of the valve stem crammed a clear plastic tube over the valve stem and stuck a funnel in the tube.  I had the tire laying on a 2x4 with the valve stem on the high side. I just filled the funnel and let it drain into the tire. Just kept doing that until I couldn't get any more rv antifreeze in it. Replaced the core and put @ 12# of air in the tire. 

i understood everything you just said,,,,,,how long does it take,,,,,and how much???  THIS  im gonna try....um   do...im old,,,it dont matter how long.. lol,,,,,,,,,,,at 8 pounds a gallon...thats gonna add up...

Edited by 857 horse
  • Like 1

varosd

Oh look, a rainbow!

IMG_0100.JPG

• Like 8

WVHillbilly520H
14 hours ago, Ranger13148 said:

I filled my tires the gravity way. I took the core out of the valve stem crammed a clear plastic tube over the valve stem and stuck a funnel in the tube.  I had the tire laying on a 2x4 with the valve stem on the high side. I just filled the funnel and let it drain into the tire. Just kept doing that until I couldn't get any more rv antifreeze in it. Replaced the core and put @ 12# of air in the tire. 

Filled mine a little differently...of course took valve stem out attached small piece of clear tubing with clamps to a garden sprayer full of RV antifreeze pumped it up held the trigger let pressure off repeat until full...somewhat faster/easier and expands the tire/tube while filling...just an ole hillbilly's :twocents-02cents:...good luck

• Like 1

cleat

When filling my tires, I also use a floor jack to hold up tractor so tire is just resting on the ground. This stops a large flat area on the bottom and may allow a bit more fluid in.

Cleat

• Like 1

varosd

had the day off, so Phase II begins!

IMG_0323.JPG

• Like 6

rjg854
11 hours ago, 857 horse said:

i understood everything you just said,,,,,,how long does it take,,,,,and how much???  THIS  im gonna try....um   do...im old,,,it dont matter how long.. lol,,,,,,,,,,,at 8 pounds a gallon...thats gonna add up...

Took at least an hour a tire, and 6 1/2 gallons in a 23:8:12 wheel, it was a small funnel. I also kneeled on the tire just before filling the funnel so as I took the pressure off it sucked the fluid in faster.

BTW I took the wheels off the tractor and laid them on the floor other than that 2×4 to keep the valve stem a bit higher than the rest of the wheel.

• Like 1

oldredrider

Loading tires is easy with the valve stem adapter available at Tractor Supply. Hook up to a short length of garden hose connected to a drill pump (available at any hardware store) and another short length of garden hose dropped into a container of your preferred liquid. Takes about 10 minutes per tire. 

• Like 2

857 horse
2 hours ago, Ranger13148 said:
2 hours ago, oldredrider said:

Loading tires is easy with the valve stem adapter available at Tractor Supply. Hook up to a short length of garden hose connected to a drill pump (available at any hardware store) and another short length of garden hose dropped into a container of your preferred liquid. Takes about 10 minutes per tire. 

Took at least an hour a tire, and 6 1/2 gallons in a 23:8:12 wheel, it was a small funnel. I also kneeled on the tire just before filling the funnel so as I took the pressure off it sucked the fluid in faster.

BTW I took the wheels off the tractor and laid them on the floor other than that 2×4 to keep the valve stem a bit higher than the rest of the wheel.

Welp !!!!!!    im gonna go LOADED,,,,,,,,best part is........im gonna bring my tires and wheels to the BIG SHOW and load them,,,,,

thank=YOU  Old,Red Rider,,Ranger13148 WV Hillbilly and Cleat..,,,.......Hope to see you fellas at the show....13galX8....thats over 100 lbs,,,,,that should keep me moving next winter,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Howard in Stafford VA..................

• Like 5

clip

The way I loaded mine took about 15 minutes for both. Removed the tires, broke one bead, poured 5 gallons of washer fluid in each, reinflated to reseat the bead, then removed and reinstalled the valve stem core with it in the 12 o'clock position to get the proper fluid level. Tires should be filled about 75% with fluid to still act relatively normal. If they're 100% full, you lose the compression the air gives and makes for a very unforgiving ride.

Edited by clip
  • Like 1

pfrederi

You do not want to fully fill the tires.  If you have it above the valve stem how you going to check tire pressure with out getting the fluid into your pressure gauge???  Rim Guard (Beet Juice) says 75% fill.  They have a chart which unfortunately doesn't cover our most popular WH size but gets some.

Gallons to fill a tire

• Like 1

clip

Pfrederi is right and reminded me of one more thing: after you've drained to below the level of the valve stem at 12 o'clock, you'll always want to check pressure afterward with the stem in the same position to avoid flooding your tire pressure gauge.

• Like 2

cleat

I actually have a gauge made for liquid filled tires from my days on the farm.

Hardly ever use it though, just rotate to 12:00 as mentioned and all is good.

Cleat

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

WHERE's  CRAIG ?         Was that you that just widened the road to two lanes and plowed me and all my neighbors in again.

Oh well...520 seat time tomorrow.

IMG_5374.thumb.JPG.f3adeb1d31a17c35bb388IMG_5376.thumb.JPG.b6f851c20b5276424f709

I think I got his license number.

• Like 2

tsmall07
On 1/24/2016 at 3:01 PM, squonk said:

I always find it funny, after a big storm rolls thru the next day it's blue skies. Like it sucked all the clouds away. I haven't seen blue in weeks.:rolleyes:

It's probably because the snow filters all the particulate pollution out of the atmosphere.  

Edited by tsmall07
  • Like 1

Lagersolut
22 hours ago, ekennell said:

WHERE's  CRAIG ?         Was that you that just widened the road to two lanes and plowed me and all my neighbors in again.

Oh well...520 seat time tomorrow.

IMG_5374.thumb.JPG.f3adeb1d31a17c35bb388IMG_5376.thumb.JPG.b6f851c20b5276424f709

I think I got his license number.

I work in your neighborhood delivering propane , heating oil and diesel - that lower South Eastern corner this time of year isn't easy :(

Ed Kennell

Most roads are open.   The Grandsons are complaining.....their schools opened today with a 2 hr delay.

Edited by ekennell
  • Like 1