Sign in to follow this  
Teddy da Bear

C-195 & plow

Teddy da Bear

Well...after reading the other posts about the C-195 requiring a special quick hitch for the rear axle... I kind of forgot about it.

Then today came with about 6 inches of snow. And if you already read my post on my B-100.....you know I was fresh out of a plow tractor.

I spent half the day on the frozen concrete in 10 degree weather. First removing the

big bolenz plow from the B-100. Then on the concrete again removing an old style quick hitch from another tractor. Then quite a few more times up and down while I figured out how to make this old style hitch work for the C-195.

Well...all the holes lined up for mounting it directly to the brackets that hold the three point hitch on. What a relief! But I could not mount it as the levers were facing the wrong way. Easy...I just swapped one side for the other and put them on in the opposite direction.

I thought I was all set to install it. Nope... Noticed that the brake band was interfering. So I got a cutting wheel on it and cut the angle iron of the hitch off at a 45 degree angle. Problem solved and it works! Then more concrete time putting the big plow on.

And what a snow machine this is now!

Let's see.....I thought I would give it a name...... But Burly did not like the name I gave my Gt-14..... Well since this guy retired his monter truck some time ago..... I will use the trucks name as it was a favorite of mine.

Hey Burly... the super C is now known as the "Michigan Ice Monster" :hide:

Nick

What no pictures! Got to get some shots of the Ice monster in action. :hide: How much snow do you have up that way? Just cold down here with chance of maybe an inch.

Teddy da Bear

We got another 6" or so overnight. You would think these are January/February weather patterns and not December.

I will get some pics tomarow when it is light ok?

Teddy da Bear

Ok....here is a picture about an hour ago when the snow let up a little.

I was plowing a path for the wife......she needs one to go to the

garbage barrel

100_0918.jpg

refracman

And who said you wasn't a careing kind of guy? :hide:

Looks like the lake effect is in full swing out your way. Hows the 195 for plowin?

We here in Toledo have only had a couple of dustings, guess I better figure out which one is gettin plow duties this year.

pond195520032003

looks like its doing good to me :hide: its snowing here now and is only covering the road and driveway sofar :hide: too damn cold out to do anything :D

BairleaFarm

Pretty cool. Id kill for a snow like that.

Rollerman

Looks good Mike, you have chains on back?

Sparky

Cool pic Mike....literally :hide: .

So what are you doing for traction? Weights? I dont see any chains?

Mike..........

Nick

Looks like the big C is doing the job. :hide: Thats about as bad as the snow ever gets down here unless it drifts.

Teddy da Bear

"Look Ma, no chains"....lol

Or like I tell my one neighbor.. "Chains? We don't need no stinking chains!" (in my best Cheech Marin voice).

I never had chains for any of my tractors. No weights either! (I am my own weights....lol)

Refracman... She did not care for the idea of walking out in the deep snow to take a picture.. But I told her it was "for the guys"..... :hide:

This tractor slips a bit more than the others, but that is because the treads are worn down pretty good. Must have seen a lot of tire spinning in it's time.

The hydraulics are pretty crisp and responsive. However! The placement of these controls SUCK! Have to reach down under my left leg to raise and lower the blade. I am going to make these controls longer in th future. And the motion control lever could be another 6" longer as well.

We are under a winter storm warning right now until 7:00 am tomarow morning.

Snow fall totals for this season are amazing. We are usually green through Christmas in the past few years. I would say we had 20 or 25 inches already this season. The ground was not yet frozen so we lost a lot of that.

The 14" we had last week was melted down to 2 or 3 inches when it started to snow two nights ago. Then there has been 6" two nights ago....then expecting another 6" or so by tomarow. Then snow tuesday through thursday of next week.

Anybody ?? Wanna help???

illinilefttackle

:hide: You look good sitting in the saddle of that Big "C" Mike! You guys are getting the best of the snow clouds-down here a few miles we are just getting whats left after it passes you guys. I did get to plow today some, but only a few inches.

Tell those snow flakes to keep going to South Bend-so my "C" and I can play too!-AL

rondo

Mike, sorry to hear about the B-100, but that C-195 looks like it's having a great time (as is the driver). Like most of the others chiming in, we have gotten very little snow (we're a bit south of Port Huron) and I am waiting anxiously. There is some just accumulating now as it's been snowing all day, so I'm thinkin in about an hour or so... :hide:

charger10us

Mike, the C-195 is a geeat tractor, BUT your right on the placement of the hyd. leavers on the 1982's. Now the 1984 I like where they mounted them leavers.

Billy in Va. with 2 of the 1982 C-195.

Teddy da Bear

Since the super C seems to be doing an alright job here at home. It's going on the road! I will take it over to my mom's and then over to an elderly lady in South Bend we take care of.

Mom's drive is not curved like mine....just a straight-away. But hers is on a slight incline and with a steep incline nearer the road. Should be interesting!

htopjimmy26

Hey Teddy, glasd to here that you figured out a way to mount your plow. Would you mind snapping a pic of the hitch bracket you used and how you mounted it? I tried to do the same with mine and could not figure it out. Thanks :hide:

jtmoyer

there has been 6" two nights ago....then expecting another 6" or so by tomarow. Then snow tuesday through thursday of next week.

Anybody ?? Wanna help???

i would love for my team of horses to see some snow. now more then a dusting here.

Teddy da Bear

Ok.....here are pics of the old style hitch I took off of my 1054A

Front view. You cannot see much of the hitch. 100_0921.jpg

Here is a picture of the rear. You can see the bar of the quick hitch under the tranny.100_0923.jpg

htopjimmy26

Ahh, I see that hitch is almost identical to the factory hitch plates for the tractor[just no connecting bar], I was hoping you had found a way to mount a newer blade where the latches grab on the inside of the plow frame. I gotta nother question though, is all that holds the blade into the hitch just the latch? What keeps the latch from just opening up after a few hits? :hide:

Teddy da Bear

What keeps the latch from just opening up after a few hits?
Friction and a lot of luck! The latches are tough to move and have a cone type washer that puts pressure on the latch when the bolt is tightened enough.

This is a factory hitch.....just not meant for the super C.

illinilefttackle

:hide: Hey Mr. Mike-what kind of HYDRO does the Super C have in it? It looked like the filter was facing forward in your picture? -AL

Teddy da Bear

Not sure which it is Al.....

Yes the filter faces forward behind the left wheel.

Rollerman

Al & Mike....that would be an Eaton 1100 series

illinilefttackle

:hide: Hi Stephan, long time no see! My "C" has the filter facing rearward-I thought it was a Eaton 1100? If not, what do I have? Sorry for all the newbie type questions-AL

Teddy da Bear

Thank you Stephen.

I noticed the forward momentum of the tractor was slowing down after a while.

Funny it still goes fast in reverse.

The lift cylinder is leaking. Is there a way to repair it? Or does it have to be replaced? Annnnnnd....what replacement if there is one?