Sign in to follow this  
beast owner

D-250 help needed

beast owner

Hello everyone!! I`m new to this forum and new to the wheel horse family!! I have a 1976 D-250 that I`m going to try to restore, but having trouble with finding parts.Front axle bearings, fuel pump, water pump and water pump pulley are what I`m of need of [ for now anyway]?! Can someone PLEASE tell me where to look?

Teddy da Bear

:D

There are guys here that are D-250 experts. Many have sources they go to for

parts. Do a search on D-250 & D250 topics. You may find something while you wait for an answer. It should not be too long. :hide:

pond195520032003

would also like to say :hide: i dont want this to sound harsh, but you have a tractor that is hard to find parts for :omg: and when found they are found are pricey :D someone here might have what you need though :hide:

clintonnut

Hi beastowner

I have a d250 myself and know every part of it. Go to Mark's site wheelhoseweb.com and you'll see my tractor. To talk on his site go to wheelhorseweb.com/tractortalk

Lemmie help you out with parts

Water Pump (this is where we got ours) $20.00!!!!

http://tiny.cc/cvB86 Click on the hyperlink from this page

Fuel Pump

Search ebay frequently for a renault LeCar (R5) fuel pump. MAKE SURE IT IS A 1970'S VERSION NOT 80'S. The 1970's version will have a arm. Make sure the arm has the same contour. Never get a used fuel pump. The vent hole will need to be plugged then it's ready.

Front axle bearing

Give the size to you're local bearing outfit such as Bearings Belts and Chain.

They will help you out.

I can help you with any part on this tractor so don't stick with anything you're not sure of.

By the way I'm only 14 and my dad taught me this stuff. I've put about 50 hours of labor into my tractor by myself.

Good Luck

Charlie

beast owner

Thank you to all for giving me a warm welcome to the family!! charliesd250, Thank You for the help!! I was on wheelhorseweb.com/tractortalk and was going to post there, but I can't find the register link. I'm new to this world wide web thing so please be easy on me. Maybe I just need a new pair of glasses?!

HorseFixer

:hide: Beast Owner yep you have the correct name! :hide: The D-250 is one BIG BEAST good luch with it! :D

Coadster32

:hide: (I been waiting to do that as a newbie). Good luck with the project, and don't give up if you hit a wall! :D

beast owner

I thought I would give you guys an update on how things are going with the beast! I got the front axle bearings in, put an electric fuel pump on it ( till I can find the right one ) and have a new water pump coming in the mail! Well now it runs, but the new problem now is when I engage the pto the belts comes off. The front motor mount is in pieces. I just knew I was going to need more parts. Can someone PLEASE tell me where I can find a front motor mount for the beast?

joebob

:hide: have you tried the links page yet, there is a few suppliers there that might be able to help or at least you will get the part numbers you need , do you have any of the owner manuals for it if not there there too you just have to sign up to the groups to get them, good luck with it we all know how hard it can be to find some of those odd parts