Wishin4a416

Weekend forecast

Wishin4a416

Well it looks like some of us are going to get pounded. I just dont know what were getting here in the Pittsburgh area. I guess they dont know yet either. Somebody will get some seat time though, thats for sure.

Sparky

There's talk about 4-6 inches here in central Connecticut for Saturday.......but its only Monday so that could all change.

Mike.........

AMC RULES

Here's hoping...    :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

any snow is a no show.  

• Like 5

Ken B
11 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

Here's hoping...    :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

any snow is a no show.  

I'm with you Craig. Who needs it!

• Like 3

RedRanger

We've had very little snow this year.  I've plowed twice...  about two inches each time.  

Hardly any snow at all.  All because I bought snowmobiles this year.

We're begging for snow!  :occasion-snowman:

Suppose to be near 40 degrees here next weekend! 

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

Our  forecast  this weekend is  Fri  50% chance of 1-3",   Sat 90% chance of 5-8".     Time to charge some batteries and fill some tanks.

DougC
  • snow1
    /snō/ 0910faolr28_icon_sound.png
    noun
    1. atmospheric water vapor frozen into ice crystals and falling in light white flakes or lying on the ground as a white layer:
    2. something that resembles snow in color or texture, in particular.
    verb
    1. snow falls:
    2. mislead or charm (someone) with elaborate and insincere words:
Powered by OxfordDictionaries · © Oxford University Press

slide_279594_2083611_free.jpg

• Like 3

Kurt-NEPA

The forecasters can't figure this storm out for NE Pennsylvania.  Estimates are for <1" to >8" depending on the source and the time you check.  My blowers are ready, but somehow I don't expect a work out.  However, just in case, I will delay fixing a flat front tire until after the storm, its a slow leak, so no reason to take any chances.

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

I wish I could a job forecasting weather. I could be 100 wrong all the time and as long as people keep watching the channel , never get fired.:wacko:

• Like 5

RedRanger
1 hour ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

I wish I could a job forecasting weather. I could be 100 wrong all the time and as long as people keep watching the channel , never get fired.:wacko:

Why do you think most weather forecasters are hot younger woman now days?  

• Like 4

WHX??

Bring it on .. new tire chains & bearings in the blower....would be better than the - 12 we had here last couple of nites!

• Like 3

Wishin4a416

All over the place with this now. Originally, 8 inches Friday and Saturday the same. Now its 3" to 20" depending which network. Probably get a dusting. Lol.

• Like 3

elcamino/wheelhorse
1 hour ago, RedRanger said:

Why do you think most weather forecasters are hot younger woman now days?  

They have nice pointers

• Like 1

tunahead72

Okay, so who's going to be the first to post a video of their favorite forecaster?

shallowwatersailor

They officially have not announced totals for our Mid-Atlantic area - yet! But the European model has gone from 24" to currently 18" of snow Friday through Saturday.

857 horse
1 hour ago, shallowwatersailor said:

They officially have not announced totals for our Mid-Atlantic area - yet! But the European model has gone from 24" to currently 18" of snow Friday through Saturday.

Same here in northern Va........"" Folks we're not sure of what""    but its coming.!!!!!!      <<------    and they get paid to say that !!!!!!  olooolo

• Like 2

WHX??

Like I always say guys. ..wanna know what the weather is stick your head out the door! Ain't nothin we can do about it anyway cept keep our horses ready!

• Like 3

SylvanLakeWH

Here's my weather forecaster. Cheap and always accurate...

image.jpg.51a7b7c4a773cdbac389c7a41017a6

• Like 4

elcamino/wheelhorse
3 hours ago, tunahead72 said:

Okay, so who's going to be the first to post a video of their favorite forecaster?

I would post my forecaster but you would not like it. He is sixty ish , skinny  and is almost bald , but he has a great comb over

• Like 3

Wishin4a416

I like Alex Wilson on TWC.

JC 1965

We might get snow in my area Fri. or might not, might get several inches or just a dusting. Too early to tell according to the weather forecasters in this area. It might track north or south. Still too early to tell. Well thanks for that really helpful bit of information. I guess when I get out of bed Sat. morning I will know more about it.   :dunno:

953 nut

From the looks of things those of us in the South Central states will get the worst of it. Today I went to Wallyworld a bit after noon, it was overcast but no precipitation, came out about an hour later and it had snowed 3". Our house is half way up a mountain side with a rather steep driveway and here I was with a buggy full of groceries and other stuff. :wh: to the rescue! My barn is down near the road so I just drove over there and put the purchases in a cart, hooked it up to the :wh: and up the mountain we went. The snow has stopped for now, but the Friday forecast is for freezing rain followed by 8" to 12" of snow. That may not sound like much to folks in the North East but that will mean 3 or 4 days before we will see a snow plow out our way.

• Like 5

SylvanLakeWH
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

From the looks of things those of us in the South Central states will get the worst of it. Today I went to Wallyworld a bit after noon, it was overcast but no precipitation, came out about an hour later and it had snowed 3". Our house is half way up a mountain side with a rather steep driveway and here I was with a buggy full of groceries and other stuff. :wh: to the rescue! My barn is down near the road so I just drove over there and put the purchases in a cart, hooked it up to the :wh: and up the mountain we went. The snow has stopped for now, but the Friday forecast is for freezing rain followed by 8" to 12" of snow. That may not sound like much to folks in the North East but that will mean 3 or 4 days before we will see a snow plow out our way.

Sounds like you guys will be getting all the snow we usually get up here in Michigan! I would gladly take it off your hands, as it makes for much better skiing then the fake stuff we are going downhill on this year!

:banana-skier:

Maybe I need to add another line to my weather gauge that reads "If the rope is buried in white stuff....... it's snowing!"

image.jpg.51a7b7c4a773cdbac389c7a41017a6

• Like 2