ACman

Five years out

DennisThornton
2 minutes ago, ACman said:

It's been a journey and along they way you just adapt . My son had to grow up fast after that day (13yrs old then) . He was calling me at that time to let me know he shoveled the driveway but I couldn't move to get it. A lot of things went through my mind at that moment but as time passes by I set goals and met everyone of them. I think some people take it harder than I do . Don't look at the person in the chair , just look at the person . I always tell people I may be in a chair but I still have a mind ( some may debate that :wacko: ) . But like I said I wouldn't change a thing . I'm surrounded by a great group of people who try envolve me in what we all use to do . I'm glad I got back into tractors and came across REDSQUARE . Your a great bunch here , hope to meet you guys in June . We need a group picture for the titanium club .

There is a great bunch of guys here!  Not just a bunch of WH mechanics or collectors, but also real humans!  We help each other, poke a little fun sometimes and as a result it is easy to speak frankly, knowing that others will understand.  You already know that or you wouldn't be posting what you have.  My problem is that I have problems, problems that I've allowed to affect me somewhat. Then I look at your picture, I read your posts, and I'm somewhat ashamed to even think that I might think I have any problems at all.  Man!  I've got it made!  I'm sure you don't want people to feel sorry for you, but I do feel that what happened must be unfair, but for you to have such a positive attitude!  Makes me somewhat embarrassed...  I don't feel sorry for you, but rather I envy you!  I've got to do some soul searching, have a little chat with myself and then an attitude adjustment!  I commend you!  :bow-blue:

I am glad you got back into tractors!  I am glad you came across REDSQUARE!  And I'm so glad to have met you online and would love to meet you in person!

Good Lord!  If you need something, you just give a shout!  Hoping I can do the same!

• Like 4

sorekiwi

Pleased to "meet" you ACman.

Your positive attitude is wonderful, and it will enable you to make gains in your recovery.  It will also be the reward to your family that has rallied behind you, "you gotta throw the dog a bone every now and again...."

Love that Trac-chair - that is bad-a$$.

• Like 4

ACman

Thanks everyone for your thoughts ,praise,and prayers . I love this forum and the great people who belong to it . Words can't describe how much it means to me how you can care for someone you haven't even met . If anyone wants to learn more about SCI injuries or just needs someone to talk to , PM me . I'm always glad to answer ?'s . You can also go to the Christofer Reeve Foundation and get lots of info and answers . Thanks again ACman    REDSQUARE RULES !!! :text-thankyoublue:

• Like 3