Mr. 856

3205-1" bearing????

Mr. 856

I seem to have the hardest time finding some bearings that are exactly the same as the old ones. The old bearings read 3205-1". WH4 X 15.      They are 1" I'd radial bearings with a retaining ring. The outside of the bearings is just a hair over 2". I have now gotten two sets of bearings that won't fit. The I'd is to small or the o.d. is to small. Why can't I cross the 3205-1"?? This shoukdnt be this tough. Can anyone please help me with this? Just point me in the right direction please.

Edited by Mr. 856

gwest_ca

A 6205 bearing is normally 52mm on the OD (2.047") - 25mm ID (.984") and 15mm wide (.5905")

A 6205 with a 1" ID may be identifed with a -1 or -16 (16/16" = 1)

A bearing with an external retaining ring is often identified with an NR

Z is for a shield and ZZ is two shields

R or RS is a seal and  2RS is two seals

Don't have anything on a 3205 bearing.

Garry

• Like 1

Mr. 856

Do you think I can make the 6205 fit if they are heated up? I measured the I'd of the 6205 to the 3205 and I'm not off by much. The press fit on the of of the 6205 is perfect. The I'd is what is very rite. The 3205 just slips on the 1" shaft. Oil heat and give it a wirl??

gwest_ca

There is a 3205 bearing but can't find one with a 1" ID and it is 20.6mm wide (13/16"). Looks like some are a double row of balls and an angular contact race that is designed to take a thrust load. If the application has a thrust load the 6205 will not work or at least not last long.

https://www.motioncanada.ca/productCatalogSearch.jsp?q=3205

What is the application?

Garry

Mr. 856
1 hour ago, gwest_ca said:

There is a 3205 bearing but can't find one with a 1" ID and it is 20.6mm wide (13/16"). Looks like some are a double row of balls and an angular contact race that is designed to take a thrust load. If the application has a thrust load the 6205 will not work or at least not last long.

https://www.motioncanada.ca/productCatalogSearch.jsp?q=3205

What is the application?

Garry

I need four of them. Two for a jackshaft and two for the rear axle. I am redoing a 1964 fox track snowmobile. Bearings are for that.

Not a high speed or high HP machine at all. More like a tank.