formariz

Just venting a little

Coadster32

Sorry to hear about this. It must be frustrating for your wife, and heartbreaking for you indeed. We will all have our bridges to cross at some point in time, and carry burdens for ourselves and others close to us as well.

Hope and prayers for strength for your family through this rough time.

64s
On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2015 at 5:52 PM, formariz said:

do it in a manner that I can still allow her to keep a sense of dignity and purpose in life, which is in a very fragile state at this point.

It sounds like you have your head on straight (although it might not seem it to you).

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 7:48 PM, formariz said:

"Many of us have been care givers and and know how frustrating it can be to do all that you can, knowing it will never be enough".

Remember, all you can do IS enough.  I believe you are serving her well.  I'll pray for strength and healing for you both.

Edited by 64s

shallowwatersailor

Cas, my prayers and thoughts are with your wife and you. What a shame that the odds were against her with .10 men to one woman being diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease.

My brother was diagnosed 13 years ago with Parkinson's but continues to "fight the fight." He still is able to use a rollorator but does use a wheelchair for travel. His mind is as sharp as ever - but trapped in a body that continues to degenerate in bits and pieces. My brother was an avid hunter and sportsman as well as an avid reader. The important thing is to not give in. Also, make sure to reach out to the local support chapter in your area, and most of all take care of yourself

With now working for a non-profit organization, I come in contact with a number of people with debilitating diseases. It saddens me to see some of these people and hope when the time comes, if I need it someone is there for my wife and I. Just a few weeks ago I had the honor of providing service to a woman with Parkinson's. She told me that her's actually regressed for a period of time. She was very much alive but moved with great difficulty. She still had her sense of humor though!