jimbo7921

520 plow extension dimensions

jimbo7921

Hey there i was curious if anyone has ever posted the dimensions of the pieces to build your own extension kit, ive been searching the site with no luck. I have access to a laser cutter at work so i just need need to make a cad file to cut my parts. Any help wood b appreciated thx jim

jimbo7921

Thx that will b very helpful. Have more questions about the handle though haven't been able to find a good enough pic that shows if there is a 1 to 2 inch bend in it like the one i have on my current handle. Wood anyone know the part number for the handle off the top of there head? Parts tree has decent pics for refrence if needed. Also was wondering the thickness of material of the back bracket. Thx jim

WNYPCRepair

I am using the handle that came with my plow, though I did have to mount it backwards, and use a few washers for spacers

Edited by WNYPCRepair

jimbo7921

Does anyone know the thickness of material that the back piece with 3/4 bar is welded into? Im assuming its 1/4 inch but kinda impossible to tell buy any pics ive seen. Thx jim

Tankman

I cut one frame, towards the front. Added 12 ga formed two channels 4-1/2" long. Welded in place. The spacer.

Formed two more 12 ga channels 'bout 10" long that fit into the existing frame, stitch welded. Added strength.

The 1/8" dia rod for the angle release was short, bent a new piece which I picked up at Lowes or Home "Cheapo."

All's working well, clears the swept front axle perfectly. The lift point was perfect and used the standard rear axle mount.

Edited by Tankman

WNYPCRepair
On December 13, 2015 at 0:59 PM, jimbo7921 said:

Does anyone know the thickness of material that the back piece with 3/4 bar is welded into? Im assuming its 1/4 inch but kinda impossible to tell buy any pics ive seen. Thx jim

Let me know if there is anything I missed. Besides the overall length, which is 12 1/4"   :)

520ext.thumb.JPG.49ae442557ceb71dd855d1f

520ext1.thumb.png.1332b3fd8b38305304853b

Edited by WNYPCRepair

jimbo7921

Thats perfect thx alot. The sides r just 1/4 flat bar right? Not likely gonna matter since i dont have the proper tooling to bend it, gonna have to weld  each side up. Oops just seen the size of material. My bad

Edited by jimbo7921

lynnmor

Note that the round bars are not in the center of the flat sides.

WNYPCRepair
1 hour ago, lynnmor said:

Note that the round bars are not in the center of the flat sides.

Yes, they will line up with the existing bar in the plow frame

gwest_ca

This A-frame extension used 81640 or 8-1640 for a model number 1990-1997

Garry