Sign in to follow this  
catman81056

First plowable snow(thanks to the wind...)

catman81056

Got to push alittle with the D160. I wondered how good it would do with out the chains and weights, I was satisfied with the performance. Granted, this wasn't a big snow, (probably 4" on the flat with some 8"-12" drifting) alittle ice underneath, more like stiff slush. The ags worked nice altho I will be putting the chains/weights on eventually.

This D series blade is much bigger than the one I had last year, 56" vs 40" So much that when I took off down the sidewalk I noticed I was grading all the yards that were above the sidewalk. Sure hope the neighbors don't get bent about it :hide: I was slicing off 5 to 10" strips of dirt.

I'm thinking about a blade for the 3pt, say 30", to pivot, to use on the smaller walkways.

Any ways, the 1st snowstorm of this winter is about over and afew things were learned.

I'll use the thrower next time, it should be good to go by this weekend.

T-Mo

We got some white stuff too, but not enough to mess with. Which is good, I had things to do today, so I would have been rushed if I had to do any plowing.

Rollerman

We only maye had an inch up here....not enough to plow yet, but I still need to save up for some chains yet.

Jim_M

We had about 2 inches yesterday. I waited for it to quit, then went out and plowed the driveway. About an hour later it got up to 36 degrees and it all melted anyway.

Teddy da Bear

6"-8" up here and still snowing. My wife told me there is barely anything 10 miles

south toward her work.