Pullstart

Momma's new toy

Zeek

That is a really nice find!  Heck you could wet sand and clear coat that and would look great the way it is!

Wants to drive it home 11 miles in the winter?? :music-rockon:  That is a keeper my friend :wub:

• Like 3

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:  Craig, I think I remember that AC movie or one much like it from one of our 4H Tractor Safety classes, each month we would go to a different farm implement dealership and get some seat time and class time on the latest and greatest; then go home to reality.

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Yeah, the WD film was really cool...    :bitch:

sure wish :wh: put a few of 'em together for us.     

• Like 3

Pullstart

Yeah Craig, I've only watched that video about 30 times!  I love the over and over again explanation of the combustion chamber and how it builds so much revolutionary power :handgestures-thumbupright:  Made the Mrs. watch it once, that was all I could do to hold her down thru the entire thing...  But I know she loves her toy

12 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

Yeah, the WD film was really cool...    :bitch:

sure wish :wh: put a few of 'em together for us.     

They didn't?  I thought someone had a post not too long ago from I'm thinking the 80's era models coming out.  Real classy film work they put into those videos!

• Like 1

ACman

image.thumb.jpeg.87515a8e6ca51c8f34a6ca6

• Like 3

Pullstart

I'm sure his body was the most aerodynamic part on that machine!

• Like 3

ACman

Ab described it as " riding atop a frightened bison "! That was his last ride on that tractor . :auto-driving:

Edited by ACman
  • Like 3

Pullstart

So the ground never really froze much in the winter and the tractor has been sitting where we purchased it since then.  Quoting from the son in law that I worked the deal with, "We need to get that out of there by the 29th.  The old man is going to be home then and you don't want him helping!"  So Mrs. Pullstart was busy this weekend but I managed to get grampa's help with his New Holland compact 4wd loader to load all the implements except the three bottom plow onto my flatbed and I drove the tractor to our future property with the plow hooked up.  It was a 2.5 mile jaunt and with hills and no brakes, that felt long enough!  The tricycle front end is pretty wobbly once you get above 1/2 throttle in 4th gear but we managed to get it "home".  Unloaded the implements with the bobcat forks and it all only took a couple hours.  Shy of the old oil filter gasket pouring oil out once we got it running up to temperature and it being a bit low on coolant and tire pressure, everything went nice and smooth and the parts store happened to have the right filter in stock!  All in all, I'm glad that I was piloting the maiden voyage, now momma will have plenty of time and room to practice around the property.  There is about 5 acres of farm land to work :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Wheelin'theSky

Glad you finally got it to it's new home. Great story about it's maiden voyage, I'm sure there were some tense moments along the way. Makes it all worthwhile though. No matter what happens with the tractor, you'll always have the memories of getting it home, which is the hardest part of many projects!

• Like 2

Pullstart

Wow, this here proves how long we’ve been here!  We moved in in 2017.  I sure like finding these old stories and reading them again!  Glad to have another AC in the fleet too!

Getting the WD45 going after water damaged the engine… plus a wide front end surprise.

Finally obtained the AC “CA” tractor parked here years ago…

• Like 1

Pullstart

New battery, new cables, fresh fuel…

Elvis is alive!

513C5049-CFA0-4F27-94C7-267F60B6B258.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

953 nut

:angry-tappingfoot:                       Been nearly a year since the last post on this but you finally got "A Round Tuit".                      :ychain:

Amazon.com: I Finally Got Around To It A Round Tuit Funny Gift Present  Premium T-Shirt : Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry

• Haha 2

Pullstart

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

Terry M

WD45…one of my favorites!!

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

A quick summary video, getting it to fire and reaction :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Tractorhead

Hey Buddy, about what you wondered?

it‘s a non fizziblizzi Tracta why you wondered that it is still running

give them fresh Oil fuel de clog all fuel lines and it will run. - why not

No electronics and no garbage that could prevent a start of that Engine except the ignition ( points and coil)

there is nothing more.

But in the end it’s a honest gratification for you who did a lot of Work to save it.

👍

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

8ntruck

Ya know, your tractor parts guy in Stanton is maybe 2 miles from my place.........

• Excellent 1

Pullstart

• Like 6

sjoemie himself

That seems to work excellent :handgestures-thumbupright:

I'm a bit disssapointed though, was waiting for the "tink-tink-tink"  :ychain:

ClassicTractorProfessor

Sounds pretty good, I need to get some things done and then get back to work on our WC one of these days