Wheel-N-It

Need Carb Rebuilder

Wheel-N-It
Hey Guys,
I'm looking for someone who can rebuild a couple of carbs for Kohler K and Magnum engines. I'm pretty sure the throttle shaft bushings are so far gone the bodies of the carbs will need to be bored to accept an oversized bushing. I have mangled both of the screws that hold the butterfly on the throttle shaft on one of the carbs (the M14 carb) so they will have to be drilled out of the throttle shaft. Are any of you guys set up for this kind of work? I'd like to stay true to Red Square and have a supporting member do this work for me if at all possible. Any suggestions?

squonk

Yup. :text-yeahthat::text-yeahthat: Those throttle screws are peened over on the thread end to keep them from backing out. you have to either file them or get a small dremel in there and grind off the end so you can get them out.

Wheel-N-It
:lol:If anyone can do it...this guy can.

:handgestures-thumbupright:
http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/profile/591-buckrancher/

Thank you Craig! I will send him a PM.

Yup. :text-yeahthat::text-yeahthat: Those throttle screws are peened over on the thread end to keep them from backing out. you have to either file them or get a small dremel in there and grind off the end so you can get them out.

LOL, I wish I had known this about an hour ago :lol:

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It
PM sent to Buckrancher! Thank you Craig :text-thankyoublue:
  • Like 1

squonk

Van, I had Brian make me a throttle shaft for my RJ. It cost me a Grape pie! :)

• Like 2

Wheel-N-It
I have not heard back yet. Will let you know when I do. Grape pie sounds good! Almost as good as Rhubarb :)

Ed Kennell

Hey Mike, any chance of you  sharing the instructional manual for this Grape Pie ? I thought I made them all, but this one is new to me. 
BTW Strawberry/Rhubarb  Ranks right up there just below Blackberry/Apple in my recipe box.

:text-imsorry: for the :text-offtopic:Van.

Edited by ekennell
  • Like 1

Wheel-N-It
No harm, no foul Ed.  The subject of pie is always "On Topic" around here.  :woohoo:
  • Like 1

AMC RULES
:roll: All I know, is that good ol' fashioned, sweet cherry pie is still my all time favorite.  :handgestures-thumbsup:
Cherry-Pie-Recipe-2.jpg
Even better iffin it's a bit on the tart side...just sayin'.    :icecream:

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 4

Wheel-N-It
I loves me some Cherry pie too! And the 80's rock song "She's My Cherry Pie"
OK Craig, I heard back from Brian. I'll be picking up a box from the post office to send him the carbs. Thank you for the advice !
  • Like 3

Brian01

My local Post Office won't ship carbs or anything that's ever had gas ran through it.

WNYPCRepair

Van, I had Brian make me a throttle shaft for my RJ. It cost me a Grape pie! 

What is a grape pie? Never heard of it. 

Ed Kennell

I don't think the" Squonk " is sharing the grape pie recipe Brian.

Hey Mike, any chance of you  sharing the instructional manual for this Grape Pie ? I thought I made them all, but this one is new to me. 

squonk

My local Post Office won't ship carbs or anything that's ever had gas ran through it.

Don't tell them what's in the box.

• Like 3

WNYPCRepair

I don't think the" Squonk " is sharing the grape pie recipe Brian.

I've never even heard of grape pie. Does it have whole grapes, or is it like jelly, or what?

Wheel-N-It
Brian has received the carbs and is working on them. One is from a M14 and the other one from a K-341. I'm trying to get my horses in the best mechanical condition possible. They all have many hours of work ahead of them. I'm not ready to plunk down $10,000 for a commercial duty zero turn. I would not be happy with that anyway. I like Wheel Horses and Harley Davidsons. American made, air cooled and carbureted.
  • Like 4

857 horse

Guys,,,,i dont wanna kick start anything....

But,,,,this pie thing.......!!!!!?????
i will be bringing............one apple,,,,,,,and a can of white stuff.....
and I STILL OWE J Wallfish a steak dinner !!!!!       dayum !!!

• Like 1

squonk

Grape is big around here. I buy it. Don't make it. :)

• Like 1

JPWH
Brian has received the carbs and is working on them. One is from a M14 and the other one from a K-341. I'm trying to get my horses in the best mechanical condition possible. They all have many hours of work ahead of them. I'm not ready to plunk down $10,000 for a commercial duty zero turn. I would not be happy with that anyway. I like Wheel Horses and Harley Davidsons. American made, air cooled and carbureted.

Is he rebuilding with good parts or us he making parts. From what I have seen him build I think he can make anything. Definitely a true craftsman.

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair
8 hours ago, squonk said:

Grape is big around here. I buy it. Don't make it. :)

I googled it, looks interesting

squonk

Craig likes Tarts! 138109241avatar.gif.b9d4ac8ac5a76f099af7

Wheel-N-It
On 11/21/2015, 6:19:38, Hank01 said:

Is he rebuilding with good parts or us he making parts. From what I have seen him build I think he can make anything. Definitely a true craftsman.

Hello Hank. Brian"s last message to me was he was nearly finished and waiting on a bowl from one of the carbs. I"m not sure if Brian had to make any new parts but I do think he probably had to bore the body of the M14 carb and install an oversize throttle shaft bushing. This oversize bushing may be a part Brian has to make. I"m hoping the M14 carb is the same size as a M16 carb. I would like to install this freshly rebuilt carb on my 416-8 with the M16 engine.

• Like 2

buckrancher
1 hour ago, Wheel-N-It said:

Hello Hank. Brian"s last message to me was he was nearly finished and waiting on a bowl from one of the carbs. I"m not sure if Brian had to make any new parts but I do think he probably had to bore the body of the M14 carb and install an oversize throttle shaft bushing. This oversize bushing may be a part Brian has to make. I"m hoping the M14 carb is the same size as a M16 carb. I would like to install this freshly rebuilt carb on my 416-8 with the M16 engine.

two new throttle shafts and bushings in top of  throttle shaft bore's waiting on float bowl as one carb had a hole

and apple pie is still my favorite

Brian

• Like 4

Wheel-N-It

I'll be working on that apple pie for you Brian ;) Thank you for the update :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by Wheel-N-It
  • Like 2