two horser

520H

two horser

II HAVE A 520 THAT WON'T STAY IN FORWARD POSITION DRIFTS OUT ALSO VERY SLOPPY ALOT OF PLAY
CAN ANYONE GIVE A SUGGESTIO AS TO WHAT TO LOK AT

• Like 1

DougC

When you say "drifts out" does that mean when you release the motion control it slows down? If thats the case the friction nut on the top of the hydro can be adjusted tighter so it will maintain a constant forward speed. That would also make the motion control ( lever or stick ) seem tighter or less sloppy.  If you have to constantly hold the control with forward pressure and everything runs properly that is the problem. Tilt the seat forward and the linkage is visible.   :)

Ed Kennell

I think you will have to remove the  cover  plate on the console in front of the seat to access the friction adjusting nut that Doug is referring to.

• Like 1

Tuggster

New 520H owner here.  Love this site.  Anyhow, I have the same issue with the motion lever drifting back to the neutral position. I have an exploded view and parts list of the motion control linkage but I'm not sure which nut is the friction nut you are referring to.  Is it the nut that secures the rod assembly to the arm control?  Your help is appreciated. I've been having a blast with this tractor.  Got it with a front end loader, plow and 42 inch belly mower.

Kurt-NEPA

To access the friction nut to stop the hydro from slowing down.

1.  Lift the seat to access the linkage

56ae13f49844f_HydroTensionAdjust-520H.jp

2.  Adjust the friction by tightening the nut with the big washer under it (in the picture above).  Small adjustments can make a huge difference.

3.  Test and repeat as needed.

BTW, the big nut on top with the bolt in it is a cam that changes the neutral position of the speed lever.

Kurt

• Like 2

squonk

Those cams wear out also creating lots o slop. That funny lookin plate wears a groove in the cam. look there first! 

WNYPCRepair

On mine, the washer was broken in half, and it wouldn't stay in position, kept slowly going back to neutral

Kurt-NEPA

The cam plate in the picture I posted above was badly worn, as was the cam.  One of the Friction washers was missing too.  Needless to say, the motion lever had a multitude of problems.  I replaced the cam, cam plate, and friction washers.  Adjusted according to the manual and everything worked as it should.

Kurt

• Like 2