Sign in to follow this  
Burnzee

Lawn Ranger starter switch

Burnzee

New member here. Getting the lawn Ranger ready to plow the drive for another winter. When I tried to start it last time (in the spring)  battery was dead so dumb me tried to start using the 'start' feature on my charger. I blew the fuse and also fried the starter switch. Does anyone have good source for these 3 prong switches?  Also, can anyone confirm what the correct fuse size should be.  The one that was in it was 32 amps which seems high, but might be correct.  Thanks for your help. 

gwest_ca

Welcome to the forum.

What is the model number of your tractor? They made a lot of Rangers.

Garry

Dkphillips

Are you referring to the ignition switch? If so I may have one. I just put a replacement engine on my Lawn Ranger which is a pull start engine. My LR is a L157. Let me know if the ignition switch is what you need and I will check to see if mine is still around.

Doug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JC 1965

Hello and    :WRS:

Burnzee

Thanks
Lawn Ranger 
Model  1  2631
Yes, I meant ignition switch.  I don't think this the original switch but here is a photo of what is had. I have tested it and it is getting power in the starter key position but not in the run position. 

PHOTO_20151107_181911-1.jpg

gwest_ca

You have magneto ignition so the M terminal does not get any power. The magneto is self powered and the ignition switch simply grounds the ignition wire to shut the engine off. Check to see if the M terminal is connected to the switch body (ground) in the OFF position and not connected to anything in the ON position and START position.

The 7572 switch has been replaced by 101482 and still available from Toro.

Garry

7572 ignition switch.jpg

Burnzee

Thanks Garry, I checked and M is grounded to the switch body as you state , so maybe it's OK. Will try to reuse. Can you advise as to the fuse size I should use?  is 32 amps ok   also that replacement ignition switch number is appreciated.   Also need to clean up the carburetor, but that's another story. 

gwest_ca

Found the fuse listed in a Tecumseh service manual so added the page with the tractor manuals. Download from there
http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/file/808-tractor-1968-lawn-ranger-da-om-ipl-wiring-snpdf/

6 amp - I think the original fuse part number is 29561

Garry