Sign in to follow this  
ironcitymadman

First Wheel Horse

Horse Fanatic

At the risk of being judgmental, that's just wrong.

chesbaycruiser

I'm with Save_Old_Iron...let's fix this.

Out with the bad...in with the good.

fix_bad_paint.jpg

(Horsefeathers...hope you don't mind that I "borrowed" your tractor!)

Horse'n Around

Someones green with envy eh??? :D

Just playing with ya.If the color makes you happy, thats what matters.Besides paint color isnt permament :USA: For those that are allergic to Deeres,just think of it as Kawasaki green :wh:

chris11

My eyes are burning.............

linen beige

remember its only paint

That's like saying leprosy is just a rash. :D

You couldn't change a five year old's mind? I have two five year olds. Just change the subject for a few minutes and then return to it. You'll get a different answer almost every time. :USA:

W9JAB

:USA: Paint the 5 year old green and the

tractor red :D

HankB

This is probbly going to get me kicked off of RedSquare :D My boy wanted the tractor green sorry remember its only paint :wh: Finaly back on this project

Well, if you get kicked off, I may be right behind you. I understand the angst among many members to see a green tractor that is, after all, still a Wheel Horse at its core. But I gotta say, it's more important to keep your son happy than all of the members on this site. :D Family first! :USA: My boys are both well along but I recall when they were 5 and things can be pretty cut and dried at that age. Perhaps when he's old enough to wield a spray gun, he'll want to make it look like a proper Wheel Horse and the two of you can find some great opportunities to do some more work on it.

In the mean time, you might just want to avoid posting too many pictures here as the work progresses. :ychain:

rickv1957

Your wheel horse is green? :D Rick

ironcitymadman

man you guys are tough :D . OK, how about we approach it like this , think of it as naming my boy Sue or painting his tractor GREEN. When he goes to Wheel Horse shows it'll toughen him up. :USA: We had red Gravely and a yellow Gravely he thought we needed a green tractor.

bmuone

Just tell your son it looks like a piece of spinach so lets paint it like an apple...I go a 10 month old grandson.....gotta think like them little buggers....

linen beige

Some of the older members here already know that I have a D-160 that a po painted in JD livery. :USA::D

They also know that I vowed to not EVER post, or even TAKE a pic of it until I start the tear down for restoration.

Don1977

I would have refused, even if I had to go buy my son a green tractor. My dad had a saying "That your wants won't hurt you." I heard that a lot when I was little. It's never to soon to learn you don't get everything you want.

chesbaycruiser

Obviously, the tractor should be RED, however I think what makes this....errr....objectionable :D is not just that it's green, but that it's green AND yellow. At least if you painted the yellow parts green or white or black or something, it wouldn't look like a.....I can't believe I have to say this.....a...a John Deere "poser"!!!!

(Could someone please get me some mouthwash?) :USA:

Horse'n Around

Just tell your son it looks like a piece of spinach so lets paint it like an apple...I go a 10 month old grandson.....gotta think like them little buggers....

Be carerfull, some apples are green :D

Horse'n Around

man you guys are tough :wh: . OK, how about we approach it like this , think of it as naming my boy Sue or painting his tractor GREEN. When he goes to Wheel Horse shows it'll toughen him up. :D We had red Gravely and a yellow Gravely he thought we needed a green tractor.

You have taken a huge amount of grief from all of us, You have been a really good sport..... but honestly green???? :D Sorry I couldnt help taking one more shot :USA:

John

bmuone

Hmmmmmmmmmm.......Candy Apple... :D

Save Old Iron

Now gentlemen,

did I or did I not see a PINK wheelhorse somewhere on this site in the last 6 months??

Can't find it - but I remember seeing it somewhere.

chris11

Chuck your thinking of the Jane deer was pink.

jusjeepn

My wifes Raider will soon be Pink.... :D Gotta keep em happy....... :USA:

ironcitymadman

how about we start a donation fund at the show in PA for all horses not sure of their true inner "colors" . all proceeds will go to factory Wheel Horse rattle cans. The add could read something like for pennies a day we could treat this awful epidemic of non red Wheel Horses :D back at ya!