Dieselcowboy

Mower deck powered yard vac

Dieselcowboy

random thought....  I remember seeing a yard vac for a wh that was powered from the outside mower spindle.  Can anyone identify what this is? And what the model is for it.  Do they actually work ? 

MalMac

I have one and yes they work, buuuutttttt, you should have at min a 12hp, They work better on 14hp and higher. I use mine for leaves. You have to go slow and be darn careful. It does not take much to break or put a whole right through that plastic blower housing. I picked up a rock one year and it blew right out of that housing and right past my head. Ended up bending the empeller. Two years after walking the yard checking for debris I ended up kicking up a pencil size steel rod that had worked up and out of the ground. I had no clue that it was there. It was about 4 inches long and it tore the housing all to bits. That blower/impeller has got a lot of power to it and really should be incased in a lot healthier housing. For what they cost now if it I have to replace it I will go with something like a yard vac.