kudzu3

charger trans problems

kudzu3

Got a '69 charger a few months ago with a blown engine, got the rebuilt engine back on today and it runs well, but...the trans ain't right. It barely moves forward, will not move in reverse and brakes don't work. PO says it worked when the engine stopped a few years ago. Fluid is full and very clean. Any thoughts, suggestions? Thanks

953 nut

Did you by any chance open the tow valve to make it easy to move around and forget to re-close it?

• Like 3

stevasaurus

That is what I was going to ask Richard...ask me how I know.  :)  I felt like I had a Flintstone Mower, having to use my feet to get it to roll.  When I put it back in the garage...that is when it came to me like a "vision in the night"....what a difference when the tow valve is closed.  I hope that is all it is.  :)

• Like 2

kudzu3
:huh:  I would never do anything so stupid...uh...Someone must've came in my basement and turned that thing when I wasn't looking...Oh, I'm so embarrassed. :mellow:
  • Like 3

Bert

I would never do anything so stupid...uh...Someone must've came in my basement and turned that thing when I wasn't looking...Oh, I'm so embarrassed.

We just had our first meet n greet and while putting away my most reliable tractor for the night it died in the driveway :eusa-think:
Still not sure who turned the fuel off :D
  • Like 4

stevasaurus

I know...for as simple as these horses are...there is a lot to think about.  :ROTF:  My problem was....it was about 3 days later after I turned out the tow valve to move the horse...I knew I was going to have to push it again and then I would tighten it up...guess what...I did not have to move it again, just hopped on and went to mow the front yard.   Ya know...if I only had one horse to think about, but I have 5...  :)

• Like 4

953 nut
:handgestures-thumbupright:               Glad it was a slight oversight and not a mechanical problem, now go get some seat time.         :auto-layrubber:
  • Like 3

KC9KAS
:huh:

I would never do anything so stupid...uh...Someone must've came in my basement and turned that thing when I wasn't looking...Oh, I'm so embarrassed.

:mellow:

Oh, and the automatics don't have "brakes"...just move motion lever to a slower/stop position.

Ed Kennell

Well, at least you have an excuse for being forgetful....what with all that wacky weed growing  around you.     
Welcome to the REDFACE club.     :oops:

• Like 4

kudzu3
:huh:

:mellow:

Oh, and the automatics don't have "brakes"...just move motion lever to a slower/stop position.

What's that pedal down there at the front of the left running board? When I push it the tractor stops, ain't that a "brake" pedal? :eusa-think:

• Like 2

953 nut

If your linkage to the motion controller is properly adjusted the pedal will put the transmission in the neutral position which will stop you Right Now!

• Like 2

Ed Kennell
th?id=OIP.M1d1af27328a7a9ff4915a59247d0c      I'm with you Kudzu,     If it stops you,  It's a brake. Edited by ekennell
  • Like 1