oliver2-44

Visiting Silver Springs Maryland & DC

oliver2-44

Next week I''m tagging along on my wife's work trip to Silver Springs, Maryland for a few days  Are any of you near there?  
This will be my 2nd trip to the DC area,some years ago I did the National Mall & Smithsonian Museums. Are there any off the beaten path things you suggest I go see.
I plan to use the subway most of the time, but may rent a care for 1 day.

Any one near there have any Wheelhorse Suburban small parts I can sneak back to Texas in a suitcase?

shallowwatersailor

Sent a PM. I'm about 1/2 hour from Silver Spring.

multihobbyguy

You can try the other Air and Space Museum. I like it better than the one in DC. It is out by Dulles Airport. The museum is free but it does cost to park.
http://airandspace.si.edu/visit/udvar-hazy-center/

oliver2-44

While in DC last week i spent a great afternoon visiting '"Shallowwatersalior" . I took a spin around the yard on his Diesel 523 dxi and his diesel D105.. His are the first 500 series I've seen, their quite a horse of a tractor. Being from Texas his snow blower was also the first one I've seem.  I also rented a car and drove out to Dulles to the Air and Space Museum then to the C&O Canal Park along the river.  To end that good day, I caught the 6pm traffic on the beltway back to Silver Springs. LOL.

Thanks for helping make my trip enjoyable.

shallowwatersailor

Jim, it was great to meet you. I was happy to fire up the two diesels after they had sat in the garage all Summer. I enjoyed seeing them run from a distance! It also gave me the chance to break out of my "tractor doldrums" and start prepping for Winter. 

And "Yes" traffic can be a bear!

5631fc3b71da0_WP_20151022_0151.thumb.jpg5631fc628dfad_WP_20151022_0121.thumb.jpg

• Like 1