chorusguy

garden plowing question

chorusguy

Never gardened before.  I have a bottom or turnover plow.  Went out and plowed a couple of rows today.  Still too muddy but you know how it is when you have a new toy.  Anyway plowed the first row and followed up with a second row and find that there is a gap between the rows about 4 or 5 inches.  Is this correct?  I put my right wheels in the first ro as I did the second.  The plow is pinned in the middle hole so I know I can move it over one slot and that may fix it.  Comments?

1444317548462.jpg

1444317596777.jpg

rick

I think you are on the right track. The Sears (Brinley) plough I bought second hand came with the owner's manual and the mounting position was related to tire track width.

Ed Kennell

Can you get a picture of the plow in the furrow and one of the plow and tractor sitting on level flat ground.  Both from the rear of course.

chorusguy

Sure but not until SundaySunday.  Thanks sent

C-101plowerpower

move the plow over to the right(hitch it in the left hole) set the tractor and plow on level ground. when the plow point is touching the ground the back of the plow should be about an inch off the ground. don't know if you can rotate the plow by loosening two bolts, if you can, put left rear wheel up about 6inches(use a piece of wood or something) loosen the bolts and level the plow. now fasten everything again and you should be good to go

this is how you'd want it to look like(sort of)
OzTlaV0d-Zb1LHGhQpcqvdfQkVNO4omf1WWeHzUk

Edited by C-101plowerpower
  • Like 1