Sign in to follow this  
WH212-6

212-6 transmission issue possibly

WH212-6
I was on my last mow of the season and everything was working great when all of a sudden I noticed when I would turn right I would hear a studder I stopped checked the deck and everything seemed ok so I kept on going.

The studder turned into a shake which turned into the not being able to put in gear without a studder and complete loss of power.  The same thing happened with the deck completely off

I checked everything I could underneath.  All pulleys are moving freely the tension is good on the drive belt.  I even tightened a bit more with same problem.  The engine runs fine the only issue is when I put it in gear.

Has the transmission died?  Any help would be much appreciated.  

Thanks

muz123

Believe your tranny is ready to go. The same thing happened to mine but it took a month or so to completely go. Eventually the housing may crack. Sorry and i hope I'm wrong!
Dave

WH212-6

Do you know of any peerless 920-010 tranny's floating in circulation?

stevasaurus

I typed "peerless transmission" in Google and came up with a bunch of places to look for parts and/or replacement.  Here is the manual for your transmission.
http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/file/2209-transmission-gear-peerless-920-010-iplpdf/
You also might try placing a want ad in our Classified Section.  Your TORO dealer or if you have a good lawnmower repair place may be able to look at your horse and tell you what they think.  :)