Sign in to follow this  
Lane Ranger

Tecumseh H-60/HH-60 Choke and throttle linkage

Lane Ranger

I am installing new ckoke and throttle linkages to the governor and carb on my newly installed H-60 Tecumseh for my L-157 Lawn Ranger.

I have a Tecumseh Technicians Handbook for 3 to 11 HP Engines with one good diagram of a horizonatal medium frame Carb and Gov adjustment . I also have a few close-up photos I took of my set-up before but I would like to know if anyone has any photos and or suggestions of an optimal set up of these linkages to the carb. The choke is not much of an issue with a fairly stright line to the carb for the choke link, but the throttle is a different animal with the itnerplay bewteen the Governor and the carb, the high speed adjustment, etc.

Any guidance would be greatly appreaciated as I am looking forward to trying out my snow plow on this Lawn Ranger this winter. I will problably use my B-80 for the real plowing but I want to play around with this Lawn Ranger as it is just a fun machine to operate.

Michael Bullington

Here is the way mine is set up...Im not sure how correct this is but it works good :hide:

There is a spring thats hard to see that goes to the carb,,look real close

The governor on mine has never really seem to rev the under load like the kohlers do ..but it does pull well

hope this helps

Attached Image

post-69-1227458637.jpg

Lane Ranger

Thanks Stone Henge!

Is that a 31386 Tecumseh spring hooked up to the carb and throttle linakge?

That is one of the areas I am trying to identify.

Michael Bullington

I be honest I have no ideal, that spring was on an ole engine i found laying around the junk pile, I think any small spring will work...it just has to be strong enough to pull the carb open and not so strong that pulls it open to quick or your pull cable will be too sensitive..

Good luck