855 fan

875 Transmission fluid type

855 fan

Just got an 875 today and whole list of questions came up about the transmission. What type of fluid does it take? How many quarts does it take? Should the forward/reverse lever be loose like have play in it. 

KC9KAS

:WRS:

The 875 uses automatic transmission fluid. I am not sure on the oil capacity, but it is around 2 quarts.....I just change mine, but the ATF was in a 2 1/2 gallon jug.
The motion control level should have some resistance. You can tighten the 2 screws that hold a plastic plate onto the cam that rotates back & forth for F/R movement.
Check out the manuals section for more clarification.

855 fan

Thanks for the reply. I was looking at the manuals and was looking at the pump last night. I tried tightening the screws that have tiny springs on them. I could not get them to tighten any more so I'm guessing its as far as they are going to go. This going to be a working tractor so I am not to worried about it being a perfect as if i was restoring it. I also snugged up the tow screw. This tractor came without an engine. I have one on the bench ready to install tomorrow. I hope the trans is good and that was reason they didn't pull the engine. I just couldn't see it going across the scales so I'm will to take the gamble. 

Ed Kennell
Before you add ATF, make sure the PO has not switched he tranny fluid to  30W oil.  Either will work OK, but do not mix he two.
ATF is red or pink.....W30 oil is tan or amber.

BTW,    
:text-welcomeconfetti:  TO    :rs:AND  :wwp:

855 fan

Yea I'll make sure of that. I hope the tranny is no shot and that is the reason he pulled the engine.  If it is maybe i can put the uni-gear out of my parts 855 with the cracked frame on it. 
Make a Frankenstein tractor.