Shuboxlover

Axle question...

Shuboxlover

I have a B-100 Auto that needs an axle. (right hand although I believe they're the same) 

I have a rear end from a 314-8.  I was looking on the Toro MPV and it appears they share the same axle.

Can this be true?  They are both 1" axles but one is a hydro and one is an 8 speed and 10 years apart in age.

Can someone confirm this before I tear into it and it ends up being the wrong one.

Thanks

gwest_ca

The 1" axle for the B-100 Auto is part number 5961. Is that the one you are looking at?

A thread about 1" hydro axles recently came up. I see the 1972 Charger 10 model 1-0410 also uses the 1" 5961 axle. Thank goodness for original ipl's.

What year is the 314-8? Those ipl's are a mess at Toro.

Garry

Shuboxlover

Hey Garry, thanks for the response!

Yes, I see that the B-100 takes the 5961.

The 314-8 I am talking about was a 1985 (Model# 21-14K801)   Hope this helps solve this mystery.

Thanks a bunch!

Edited by Shuboxlover

gwest_ca
You have a 21-14K801 with 1" axles so that is the best evidence we have since an original parts list has never shown up yet.

The Details page at Toro shows the 314-8
 using a 103916 transmission with 1-1/8" axles and 8 pinion gears which is wrong.
It should be a 110996 transmission with 1" axles and 4 pinion gears like the 1985 models 310-8 and 312-8

The 103916 transmission with 1-1/8" axles and 8 pinions was used 1978-1984.

This was replaced with the 110995 used 1985-1993

Garry

Shuboxlover

Soooo.........In your humble opinion, will the 1" axle from the 8 speed work in hydro transmission? :):unsure:

stevasaurus

It should work.  The differential in a hydro is the same as the differential in a manual transmission.  If they are both 1" axles with 4 pinion differentials, I would go for it.  :)