DennisThornton

Wheel Horse Sweepster Started by 1978c81 in Forsale

DennisThornton

Wheel Horse Sweepster
Started by 1978c81, Saturday at 11:55 AM

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/topic/58741-wheel-horse-sweepster/
20150905_092820_zpsuic7jwon.jpg

There's some interest in the add-on grade wheels so I moved this out of the "Forsale" so some of us, and hopefully 1978C81 will join in the chatter and enlighten us!

1978c81

Hello everyone...sorry for the delay..I purchased this with the upgrade. It works well as the factory ones are still there on machine I just flipped them up. This thing is a beast.

DennisThornton

No, no!  You can't get by with just that!  You got to write 2 or 3 lines at least!  :lol: 

I understand you bought that way so that hurts the story some, but you are right there to see better.  Did it come with skids, maybe?  And the chains?  Springs?  Does the electric lift work just as you would want it?  Do the brushes hold up well?

1978c81

Not a good author sorry about that.  The electric lift works great....with out weights on the back it will lift the tractors rear wheels in the air. The factory skids are still on there just turned up. They are not that great and dig in to the ground. The brushes are resilient.  Hardly any wear. That being said there is hardly any use on this paticular sweepster.

• Like 1

cheesegrader

With the weight of the bracket, are the springs still able to give some "float" if you hit a high spot.
I just got mine last year.  I'm still tinkering with the adjustments.  Getting the springs just right has been a lot of trial and error.
Your brushes are in MUCH better shape than mine.  I'm still trying to get mine all straightened out.  
It is working better now, but the bent brushes caused a bunch of extra vibration and bounce.
Awesome attachment for clearing sticks and twigs in the spring.  Hope it works on leaves this fall, but I'm afraid it might be a little too powerful.
It set a little lower, it dethatches like a tornado!
I may never rake again!

c-series don

I haven't used mine in a while but fall is the best time to de-thatch so I guess I should get those caster wheels on !!!

pfrederi

Here is my homemade approach for my sweepster.

The are very ,very heavy units and even with the weights and chains i have gotten stuck.  i use mine in the spring to sweep the dirt road out of my front yard and back on to the road.  Problem is the slight ditches along the road are usually wet and I have to swwep going up hill as the sweep angle is fixed.

The electric lift works OK but is slow

This is a dedicated set up mounting and demounting the unit is a major PIA.  She only gets an hour or so use per year. I do not like the electric PTO as engagement is harsh...but the KT 17 is an old one from a JD317 and it does not have ball bearings on the crank.

IMG_1630.JPG

IMG_1631.JPG

IMG_1632.JPG

• Like 2

DennisThornton

Thanks guys for more details!  I've got to have one someday!  Probably should get mine for the BCS working first...