Stepney

Battery Chargers..

Stepney

Hello, everyone. Been a long time since I last posted here, but I'm looking for suggestions.. I'd imagine it's as difficult as an oil-based thread, but I'm trying to find a new battery charger. One that'll actually last.. we had a nice Die-Hard for a while, first the fan started to periodically act up, then the charge indicator would be incorrect, and now it doesn't STOP charging.. thing is, I need a charger that does GEL-cells too, which run the coils on some of my Hit and Miss engines. Does anyone know of a charger with a good reputation that'll do different sorts of batteries? I'd just get another like we had, but I never liked it anyway. Always have liked my little Battery-MINDer 1500 and it's brought back some long-dead batteries, but it's no good for any jumps or larger batteries, and larger MINDer's are rather.. expensive shall we say. Suggestions, anyone? 

Aldon

I finally splurged for a Battery Tender charger.

one of my better investments

in it's FAQs section on website it indicates GEL cells ok.

Edited by Aldon

Stepney

You mean the green and black ones? 1.5 amp or so, right? I have one of those too. It's fine, but I'm looking for, say, a 10-amp or so. Our old one was 3/10/35/100 if I recall right. Great when it worked. 

JPWH

I have a small 2-10 -50 that I have used for 20 years. I have had to rework the battery leads inside the charger twice. I also have a large roll around that has alot more settings including a timer. IMO simple is better.