Brrly1

Big Ten Football is here and Now

papaglide

I am done.....this is way over my head and too intense for me.

Especially when it's HOCKEY SEASON.

• Like 4

stevasaurus

I hope you are not done Mike.  :)  I know...hockey is never intense.  :ychain:

• Like 2

RMCIII

Here is the kicker! IF - Iowa should beat OSU, making them the Champs, they would have just beaten the number 1 ranked team all season, if OSU runs the table. The Bowl Commission would have to put them in the top 4. Same as what they did last year for OSU when the spanked Wisconsin. BUT, they would have to spank OSU the same way.

Here they are;

NORTHWESTERN
PURDUE
IOWA
WISCONSIN
MICHIGAN
MICHIGAN ST.
OHIO ST.
ND

Edited by RMCIII

stevasaurus

I don't think so Rob.  Last year OSU was flirting with the 4th, 5th and 6th spot and they beat a good Wisconsin team.  Sorry John, but Iowa is ranked 9, 10 11 depending on which pole you look at.  The rest of their schedule is against  Indiana at 4-4, Minnesota at 4-4, Purdue at 2-6 and Nebraska at 3-6...really...the bottom of the league...they would have to have the style points to move up in the rankings...unless...somebody fell.  Clemson is actually listed No#1 in the power rankings (and that is what counts).  They have a tougher last 4 games then Iowa.  LSU at #3 has to beat a couple of good ranked teams and they would be in...if they do.  That leaves Baylor, TCU, and Oklahoma St....all undefeated with no conference championship game. (Big 12)...and they got shuned last year.  Michigan St. is  6th in the power rankings. 

No doubt...a lot can happen in the next 3 to 4 weeks...but I really think that Iowa would need a ton of help from the other conferences to make the playoffs if they run the season at 12-0. and even 13-0 winning the BTC.  It is Nebraska's fault...if they would have not lost half of their games in the last play...Iowa would be about 6 ranked instead of 11.  Wisconsin did not help Iowa either by how they played.  The west side of the Big Ten might as well get used to it as long as the big 3 are kicking every one's butt.   Rob and John and everyone else have been around this sport long enough to know how things work.  I am not saying anything bad about Iowa (for a change)   :)  I am really kind of pulling for them at this point.  I just think a ton of things have to happen for Iowa to play in the final 4. 

The world according to stevasaurus.  :)

• Like 3

RMCIII

WOW! Did anyone just see the now, new College Playoff ranking? It has Clemson seated 1, LSU 2, Ohio State 3, and Alabama moves from 7th to 4th. As we all know Clemson faces FSU this weekend. I am hoping FSU takes Clemson out. Stanford faces some very unrated and unpredictable teams in the nest 4 weeks. I do look to see Stanford lose to one of them, not to mention, they face ND their last game of the season. Baylor has to play TCU and 1 will lose. LSU plays Alabama this weekend. Roll Tide! All I am saying is there are enough teams ranked ahead of Iowa that have to play either each other or some very tough opponents that could open the door to have Iowa in a position to be in the top 4 if they would beat OSU in the Big 10 conference game. Iowa does need to start putting up some style points in order to start getting the "Judges" to look their way!

• Like 2

jackhammer

"pics for tomorrow"
Penn St, ... Illinois, ... Iowa, ... Wisconsin, ... Michigan, ... Michigan State ?????, ... Ohio, ... Notre Dame.

Hodge71

Well here goes nothing...would liked to have waited a bit longer :deadhorse: but will be in the middle of coaching Jeb's championship game is soccer at 11:59 so here goes nothing....

Penn State Nittany Lions in a nail biter, Purdue, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, and pulling up the rear....Notre Dame to beat Pitt!!!  

bitten

Penn State
Illionois
Iowa
Wisconsin
michigan
Michigan State
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES
N.D.

Go Buckeyes

• Like 1

HorseFixer

Here is the kicker! IF - Iowa should beat OSU, making them the Champs, they would have just beaten the number 1 ranked team all season, if OSU runs the table. The Bowl Commission would have to put them in the top 4. Same as what they did last year for OSU when the spanked Wisconsin. BUT, they would have to spank OSU the same way.

Here they are;

NORTHWESTERN
PURDUE
IOWA
WISCONSIN
MICHIGAN
MICHIGAN ST.
OHIO ST.
ND

GAMES FOR WEEK #10 

8 GAMES THIS WEEK 

PENN ST.  AT  NORTHWESTERN

ILLINOIS  AT  PURDUE

IOWA  AT  INDIANA

WISCONSIN  AT  MARYLAND

RUTGERS  AT  MICHIGAN

MICHIGAN ST.  AT  NEBRASKA

MINNESOTA  AT  OHIO ST.

NOTRE DAME  AT  PITTSBURGH

northwestwrn,  purdue,  iowa,  wisconsin,  mich,  msu, ohio, nd

• Like 1

Brrly1

I am going to swap Notre Dame instead of Pitt, have no clue of what I was thinking:deadhorse:

• Like 1

squonk

Talk about having no clue. I don't follow the standings. I don't know who is ranked where. I don't scour the injury reports. I pick teams by the seat of my flat butt. I have a natural hatred for a couple of teams, Nebraska and Mich. Liked ND because they were on replay every Sunday morning with Lindsey Nelson. for some reason liked Iowa (I think because when you go to Iowa you can see for 50 miles!:)). Developed a big hatred for Maryland. In fact it has reached Viking level. Those Jabrone's cost me first place last year by laying down to Rutgers!! :angry-fire: :violence-blades::violence-blades::violence-blades:I cheer for Illinois teams when the Bears are bad. Still I don't think I do to bad.:snooty:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Well, Illinois is having a banner day.  Northwestern, Illinois and now NIU beats previously undefeated Toledo.  :)  Only 10 undefeateds left at this point.

RMCIII

STEVE:

It's time to rag on Illinois teams! BE F^)(*(*^*^& consistent! WTH? Am glad that Illinois won, but as I stated in my last weeks statement, Illinois has been as unpredictable as a hurricane in the Pacific in October!
Whatever!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? MSU FALLS TO NEBRASKA! Well there have it! John your Hawkeyes are about 2 steps closer to being ranked close enough because LSU also lost to Alabama, and Oklahoma took down TCU! If ever Iowa had a chance to be considered, it is now! John, you better get on the phone and tell those young men to start getting some big style points if they want to be considered! :lol::P

RMC!!!

Edited by RMCIII
  • Like 2

RMCIII

The more I look at the final 3 weeks, after what happened yesterday, Iowa is better than a 70% chance of being in the top 4 by the end of the season. That is pretty good.

jackhammer

RMCIII

Do you pick teams by being them predictable, or by players who are healthy , activated  and conditions which they face.:confusion-scratchheadblue:

• Like 1

RMCIII

None of the above! I use the NCAA Ranking System since no one has figured that system out yet. Just has not been too beneficial for me this year! :lol:

stevasaurus

Hey Rob...Illinois has beaten the team that beat Michigan St.  Purdue beat Nebraska last week...so almost all of you College Football gurus picked Purdue this week.  Purdue is not better then Illinois.  That is consistency at it's best.  :)    Nebraska is a ton better then their record...they are probably the most dangerous team in College Football.  Here is how you spell inconsistent...NORTHWESTERN.  :handgestures-thumbupright:  Just like Michigan St., Iowa has a bad habit of letting their opponent stay in the game.  It will come back to bite them in a conference like the Big Ten.  :)

• Like 2

stevasaurus
RESULTS FOR WEEK # 10  WINNING TEAMS...NORTHWESTERN, ILLINOIS, IOWA, WISCONSIN, MICHIGAN, NEBRASKA, OHIO ST. NOTRE DAME

7 WINS AND 1 LOSS.........KOEN  :occasion-cake:  :handgestures-thumbupright:
6 WINS AND 2 LOSSES....RACINBOB, JIMD, HORSEFIXER, JACKHAMMER, BITTEN
5 WINS AND 3 LOSSES....SQUONK, HODGE71, RMCIII, BRRLY1
3 WINS AND 5 LOSSES....STEVASAURUS  :banana-parachute:

RESULTS AFTER 101 GAMES

85 WINS AND 16 LOSSES....RACINBOB
84 WINS AND 17 LOSSES....HORSEFIXER
81 WINS AND 20 LOSSES....BRRLY1
79 WINS AND 22 LOSSES....JACKHAMMER, BITTEN
77 WINS AND 24 LOSSES....SQUONK, HODGE71
74 WINS AND 27 LOSSES....RMCIII
70 WINS AND 31 LOSSES....JIMD
69 WINS AND 32 LOSSES....STEVASAURUS
66 WINS AND 35 LOSSES....KOEN

HorseFixer

Just had two of my Nephews and their wifes fly in from Fort worth Texas and another Nephew and his wife from Boise Idaho over the weekend. We have been planning this since July. We all had a great time.  Hmmmm just read the thread, Got in laste last night I see Mich State Lost to Nebraska!   I love it when a plan comes together!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

DSCN0011.thumb.JPG.b447f1092897276b0e2dbDSCN0030.thumb.JPG.d6f9c2ee850ddebfb7ae6DSCN0035.thumb.JPG.a151d203603558c937c62DSCN0036.thumb.JPG.76b9d4ad2df1a70c23a38DSCN0131.thumb.JPG.b4bf597b4493cb7713c24DSCN0152.thumb.JPG.1f0d4ba7cb4a14836ec56DSCN0153.thumb.JPG.57c389dedad934ec7df17DSCN0170.thumb.JPG.8183362095891df03ec8aDSCN0185.thumb.JPG.9c87cf3427de7bd80b9cd

Edited by HorseFixer
  • Like 1

stevasaurus

Bob, try not to look so HAPPY.  :ychain:  Looks like all you guys had a great day.  Outstanding.  :)

• Like 1

stevasaurus
GAMES FOR WEEK # 11        7 GAMES THIS WEEK       WISCONSIN, PENN ST.  HAVE BYES

OHIO ST.  AT  ILLINOIS
MARYLAND  AT  MICHIGAN ST.
PURDUE  AT  NORTHWESTERN
NEBRASKA  AT  RUTGERS
MICHIGAN  AT  INDIANA
MINNESOTA  AT  IOWA
WAKE FOREST  AT  NOTRE DAME Edited by stevasaurus

HorseFixer

Bob, try not to look so HAPPY.  :ychain:  Looks like all you guys had a great day.  Outstanding.  :)

Thanks Steve it was a Great Day seeing my family. It was topped off by the score of another great game!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Sorry Lil Sister the Ref's didn't give you the call you wanted! CARMA'S a B*tch isn't it!

12187837_10206603864526704_7305337445517

Edited by HorseFixer
  • Like 3

Racinbob

Ohio State, Michigan State, Northwestern, Nebraska, Michigan, Iowa, NOTRE  DAME
It's a blast to speculate and create scenarios on how your favorite team may make the playoffs but usually the end result surprises everyone. Ohio State or Michigan State could possible make it with one loss. Iowa, nope. I think Iowa will need a bit more help even if they win out. The way it looks now Notre Dame will be in if they win out.  :banana-rainbow::banana-rainbow::banana-rainbow:

Brrly1

I'll start the week off with making my picks, Ohio State, Michigan State, Northwestern, Nebraska, Michigan,Notre Dame and everyone knows I'll take IOWA to win!!! It's Floyd of Rosedale time!!! That's where the trophy is a bronze pig. They came up with Floyd in 1935. They've been playing since 1891.
As always, Go Hawkeyes!!!

Hawkeye.jpg

JimD

Ohio. St., Michigan St., Northwestern, Nebraska, Michigan, Iowa, Notre Dame.

Steve, it's week 11, not 10. :)