Brrly1

Big Ten Football is here and Now

Racinbob

No problem Jim. I was just starting to think that bringing Notre Dame into this pool was creating more friction than it's worth. After all it is a Big 10 pool. I really like the Big 10 a lot. Remember.......45 years living in northern Indiana. I'm thinking I need to find Steve and his Rock & Rye. I'm sure he would share and maybe I would chill out some. :)

• Like 2

RMCIII

In or out I am still a ND sandbagger fan! < Not sure that make any sense! I guess what my statement means is ND has been a team I followed closely also in the 90's. When they went up against FSU and WON! Man that was great. But then they would lose to BC the very next week. A non ranked college. I also enjoy them for the simple fact that scholastics still come first and yet they are always a contender for a BIG BOWL GAME!

RMC

• Like 3

JimD

It's really hard not to be a Notre Dame fan to some degree. After all, who doesn't like the Ireland? :) It would be even better if we all lived in, oh let's say, Niles Michigan where a guy can be close to one of his favorite teams...... <_< (the look on Dukes face when he sees this :ychain: )

Edited by JimD
  • Like 5

jackhammer

Picks this week
"Penn State, ... Michigan State, ... Northwestern, ... Wisconsin, ... Nebraska, ... Ohio State , ... Michigan , ... Notre Dame."

• Like 1

stevasaurus
RUDY, RUDY, RUDY, RUDY, RUDY, RUDY, RUDY, RUDY, RUDY, RUDY, RUDY  :banana-rock::banana-rock::banana-rock::banana-rock:

One thing I hate about the Irish...When they lose to Alabama.  :(
One thing I love about the Irish...When they beat up Alabama.  :)
One thing I need the Irish to do this week...lose to Clemson.      :bow-blue:
Foot Note:::  Feel free to substitute Michigan for Alabama above.  :text-bump: Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 5

HorseFixer

Foot Note:::  Feel free to substitute Michigan for Alabama above. 

:text-bump:

I guess they don't do it enuff, as we lead the series by 7 games!  Oh wait.......... We lead just about EVERYBODY by 7 games!   :banana-linedance::banana-linedance:

ANNOUNCEMENT!   There will be a murder committed in DEATH VALLEY tomorrow night, and the home team will be the culprit!  And as always  "GO TIGERS"!  
see ya bye.....
~Duke   P.S. Steve, I just put a Book in my truck for you to read..... You can read, don't you? I hope so Cause it don't have many pictures! 
:D

PENN ST.
MICHIGAN ST
NORTHWESTERN
IOWA 
NEBRASKA
oHio

MICHIGAN
CLEMSON

Edited by HorseFixer
  • Like 2

papaglide

I am looking forward to witnessing the murder........:angry-nono:

• Like 1

Hodge71

Magic 8 ball say this weeks picks go like this....Penn State Nittany Lions, Michigan State, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame 

• Like 1

bitten

Penn St
Michigan St
Northwestern
Wisconsin
Nebraska
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES
michigan
Notre Dame

Go BUCKEYES

RMCIII

Kudos to John on the IOWA BIG WIN!!! Taking down a top 20 team in a slug fest!

RMC

• Like 3

stevasaurus

Ya...OK...Iowa...Merry Christmas...How about the Illinois vs Nebraska game...no body talking about that.  :)

• Like 1

RMCIII

I will, you know I will Steve. I'll light it up once again. Here we go. Teams that are not supposed to win, win. Teams that are supposed to win and win big lose or barley get by. Should Indiana have been ranked in the top 25? With a game like that, they sure played like a top 25 and Ohio State once again BARLEY gets a win. Let's even go further than that. They escaped OT by 9 seconds. Had it gone into OT, Indiana would of had the momentum and OSU, in my opinion, would have lost.
Then we jump up north to Michigan State. Again, another team that is supposed to win BIG! They had it worse than OSU. 24-21 to a 1-4 team! That is really pathetic!
Congratulations to both Illinois and Iowa for pulling off victories they should not have won. However, maybe they are better than what NCAA thinks? HMMM. I'll touch on that later. They both did something spectacular. Should they be ranked then in the top 25? The only thing that is going to keep OSU and MST in their respective rankings is Ole Miss got blown out by the 25th ranked team. However, if I were TCU, I would be saying I am at least number 2 because of our victory. If style points gets you ranked, then beating a team 50-7 sure would make a good case. But then again, Texas has been struggling with their program the last couple years.
Throw in Baylor that is number 5 who clobbered Texas Tex. Wait, this looks almost like the same race as last year between Baylor ad TCU.... < I think I already talked about that one earlier in the thread. I wonder if they will choose a solid conference champ this year should it come down to it. The 4th and 5th ranked teams are STILL playing and WINNING like they should for top 5 teams. But the B1G top 1, 2 teams get by with a slug fest win that should only happen playing ranked teams......
Michigan throttled Maryland. If OSU does not find a way to start winning like they did at the end of their season last year, they will once again wind up as a ONE HIT WONDER! I'll still root for them, but the fact remains the same. Our conference is filled with teams that light it up 1 year and just barely make the cut the next year. Or worse yet, they don't even make it the next year. While teams like Baylor and TCU are right back at it again this year. Same as last year. 
1 thing I will add to this. The only other saving grace we have is that the 6th, 7th and 8th ranked teams fell yesterday. So, maybe, just maybe the NCAA should rethink their analogy on style points. I still am a believer in a "W" is a "W" no matter what the score. To that point MST, OSU congrats on your victories.
We will now most likely see Iowa in the top 25, Wisconsin will drop out completely. Ole Miss, ND, UCLA, and Georgia will drop drastically, if not out altogether. < Because of the 5-0 teams that are still out there, like Iowa and Memphis Tigers. < Memphis faces Ole Miss next week. If they win that game, they will get a ranking....Final comment, CONGRATULATIONS TO CINCINNATI for their victory over the Hurricanes. Rant is done until next week! Steve, John, congratulations to you both!

RMC Edited by RMCIII
  • Like 2

stevasaurus
RESULTS FOR WEEK # 5  WINNING TEAMS  PENN ST., MICHIGAN ST., NORTHWESTERN, IOWA, OHIO ST., ILLINOIS, MICHIGAN AND CLEMSON

7 WINS AND 1 LOSS.........STEVASAURUS, HORSEFIXER   :)
6 WINS AND 2 LOSSES....SQUONK, BRRLY1
5 WINS AND 3 LOSSES....RACINBOB, PAPAGLIDE, HODGE71, RMCIII, JACKHAMMER, BITTEN
4 WINS AND 4 LOSSES....JIMD, KOEN

RESULTS AFTER  67 GAMES
59 WINS AND 8 LOSSES.......HORSEFIXER   :)
58 WINS AND 9 LOSSES.......RACINBOB
56 WINS AND 11 LOSSES.....BRRLY1, BITTEN
52 WINS AND 15 LOSSES....SQUONK, HODGE71
51 WINS AND 16 LOSSES....STEVASAURUS, JACKHAMMER
49 WINS AND 18 LOSSES....PAPAGLIDE, RMCIII
46 WINS AND 21 LOSSES....JIMD
44 WINS AND 23 LOSSES....KOEN

Edited by stevasaurus

HorseFixer

Congrats Steve for this weeks picks. :handgestures-thumbupright: 

:banana-linedance:Also Congratulation's to Purdue and Indiana   GREAT EFFORTS!  You both have shown me all I need to see!   :banana-linedance:  

• Like 1

stevasaurus

I'm really starting to like Notre Dame in this pool.  :happy-jumpeveryone:  If you can pick their losses, you will probably gain a game on Racinbob.  :banana-linedance:
I think we have some real tough picks this next week.  I took a peak and one of the best games is going to be Navy at Notre Dame.  Navy is looking strong this year and is 5 and 0...may even be in the TOP 25 tomorrow.  Out side of Ohio St. hosting Maryland and Michigan St. at Rutgers, the other 6 games could go either way.
In 2 weeks (week #7) Brrly1, Horsefixer and myself have tickets for the Iowa at Northwestern game.  They could both be undefeated if Northwestern beats Michigan (at Michigan) and Iowa beats Illinois (at Iowa) next week.  :ph34r: :ph34r:  

Racinbob

No probably about it Steve. Anybody who picks a team that beats Notre Dame WILL gain a game on me. ;) I will never ever never ever never ever pick against ND. :angry-nono: Certainly some wow games yesterday and I'm betting some more next Saturday. The Death Valley game was one of them but more for the weather. I usually pick the teams on Sunday and wait for you to post them so I get the order right. I've got 7 of the 8 picked but there's one I just may have to flip a coin on :eusa-think::confusion-scratchheadblue::scratchead:...........:techie-eureka: I'm gonna go with the home team. OK, all 8 picked. 

• Like 4

C-101plowerpower

Whohoow still in the basement, i'm happy i've put a few cases of beer in the fridge

• Like 5

stevasaurus
WEEK # 6 GAMES     8 GAMES THIS SATURDAY
MARYLAND  AT  OHIO ST.
INDIANA  AT  PENN ST.
ILLINOIS  AT  IOWA
NORTHWESTERN  AT  MICHIGAN
WISCONSIN  AT  NEBRASKA
MINNESOTA  AT  PURDUE
MICHIGAN ST.  AT  RUTGERS
NAVY  AT  NOTRE DAME

Edited by stevasaurus

Racinbob

Ohio State, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan State, Notre Dame

This is probably an example that there's many more ways to pick up a game on me than picking a team that beats Notre Dame. :rolleyes::)

Edited by Racinbob
  • Like 1

RMCIII

Geeze I should be a sports writer.... Anyone bother to look at the AP and Coaches Poll? TCU & Baylor 2 and 3 in AP and a & 4 in Coaches. Iowa is 22 in AP and 23 in Coaches. And look who got a vote on the Coaches - Memphis Tigers is # 25!!!! Don't bother looking at Power Ranking Utah takes that spot. But OSU falls to #4 while TCU & Baylor jump to 2&3!!! I personally think Toledo in the top 25 is a bit much but then again, I KNOW NOTHING ON HOW THIS RANKING SYSTEM STILL WORKS AFTER 30 plus years of watching it. :huh: Think I'll go back to auto racing. That is pretty simple, A WIN IS STILL A WIN IN THAT SPORT! Could you imagine telling NASCAR you now have style points that are associated with your win also. So if you just edge someone out that counts as a win, but if you beat the 2nd place by say 1/2 a lap, well then, we'll give you 5 extra points for that. If you are able to lap the entire field and win well that is 20 points extra. I know they have points for passes and laps, but I'm talking about winning style points. If you are able to put someone into the wall while winning, well that get's you 50 points. But the key to that is, you have to make it look like it was a mistake, otherwise NASCAR will fine you! :wacko::auto-nascar:

Ranting, yep!

RMCIII

• Like 3

Racinbob
:ROTF: Ranting? Maybe. But I think you should get style points for that piece. :woohoo:
  • Like 3

C-101plowerpower
OHIO ST.
PENN ST.
IOWA
MICHIGAN
NEBRASKA
MINNESOTA
MICHIGAN ST.
NOTRE DAME
  • Like 1

stevasaurus

This is one of the toughest weeks to pick, I think.  I like Bob's picks, but he and I differ on 4 games...maybe...I am still stuck on a couple. :ph34r:  I think Koen has the right idea this week.  Careful Koen, if you get out of the basement...the beer stays.  :handgestures-thumbupright:
I want to say it looks like a week for the Home Teams...except Mich St., but I don't think it will be that simple.
My picks...OHIO ST., INDIANA, ILLINOIS, NORTHWESTERN, WISCONSIN, PURDUE, MICHIGAN ST., and "cents" I was in the NAVY...NAVY.  :eusa-think:
Dang, we have 6 games that have an undefeated team in it out of 8 games...and I went with 5 of them.

• Like 1

C-101plowerpower

if any beer is left it can stay:lol:

• Like 3

JimD

Ohio St., Penn St., Iowa, Northwestern, Nebraska, Purdue, Michigan St., Navy.

• Like 1