Brrly1

Big Ten Football is here and Now

Brrly1

Koen, I wouldn't get to brave on that, at least not just yet! You have a Long ways to go before I would start shouting. You could be sitting where Jim is sitting an he would be 2-0 go figure

• Like 3

stevasaurus

I thought Michigan looked a lot better then last year.  They could have won that game last night.  They had a few high passes and the game would have been the other way...they are on their way up.  :)  You have to give it to Utah, they had their 12th man there last night...it was a good game to watch...even if you are a Michigan fan. 
Minnesota ended up playing the 2nd rated team in the country pretty tough.  I think Minnesota is for real...some are picking them to win the West Conference.
If you watched both games a little last night, you know they both had a Bowl Game atmosphere...excellent for the 1st game of the year.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

jackhammer

Steve  - - do you mean not everyone    :eusa-think:   picked Illinois.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

I know Rick...RMCIII and Papaglide must love doughnuts in the basement.  :)  Looks like Michigan St. is going to have the Big Tens 1st victory this season...Illinois has a shot at having the 2nd Big Ten victory this season.  :banana-linedance::banana-linedance:

Hey, I was just flicking around looking for football games...because Michigan St is 27 to 7 vs Western Michigan right now  and the Illinois game does not start for another 1/2 hour.  FS2 is replaying the Michigan at Utah game right now...so if you want to see Michigan loose for the 2nd day in a row...turn it on.  It might be a long, long time before you get another chance like this. :bow-blue::bow-blue:  Sorry Bob...this cigar store Indian made me do it...gave me $5.  :ychain:

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 7

HorseFixer

That's Okay Steve, I liked what I seen Thursday Night. Even tho it was a loss on Paper, If you know football the Game showed a different story. That was one of the Best Defenses we will play this year. Utah's Defense calls themselves Sack Lake City. Because they had more sacks per game 4.2 and over all PERIOD last year.  https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/sacks-per-game  It don't look like they are off to a good start with Zero -0- Nadda.  ;)  M's offence was a little hesitant in the first 1/2 but JH and staff made adjustments and it showed in the second 1/2 Something Hoke & Crew could never do. I like what I see so far and it is only going to get better.  Michigan State for a #5 Team in the nation damn near got their lunch. They better bring more than that to Ann Arbor, or they will be going home with their LIP CURLED UP!  I am totally shocked with Penn State! :o And Northwestern did the BIG a mighty fine job. as did Minn, Ill, Mary, and Rut.  I would like to thank Nebraska for the fine Job in taking out BYU's QB. How's that song go "We Get By With A Little Help From Our Friends"  :handgestures-thumbupright:
Everyone have a great Labor Day.

~Duke

• Like 3

RMCIII

Basement? Unless I have calculated wrong, I think I'm part of the top picks this week!

• Like 2

papaglide

Donuts?   It's beer and football in the basement for me man!

image.jpg

• Like 5

stevasaurus

STANDINGS AFTER THE 1ST WEEK...

12 WINS AND 3 LOSSES.........RMCIII   :)
11 WINS AND 4 LOSSES..........RACINBOB, BRRLY1, HORSEFIXER
10 WINS AND 5 LOSSES..........SQUONK, KOEN, STEVASAURUS, JACKHAMMER, HODGE71, BITTEN
  9 WINS AND 6 LOSSES..........JIMD, PAPAGLIDE
If there was a game that made a difference, it was that hail Mary play that beat Nebraska at the end of the game.  :bow-blue:

• Like 4

stevasaurus

It's a short week...all games are on Saturday this time.  :)  15 GAMES THIS WEEK

GAMES FOR WEEK # 2
NOTRE DAME  AT  VIRGINIA
WESTERN ILLINOIS  AT  ILLINOIS
INDIANA ST.  AT  PURDUE
MIAMI OF OHIO  AT  WISCONSIN
BOWLING GREEN  AT  MARYLAND
OREGON ST.  AT  MICHIGAN
BUFFALO  AT  PENN ST.
MINNESOTA  AT  COLORADO ST.
HAWAII  AT  OHIO ST.
WASHINGTON ST.  AT  RUTGERS
IOWA  AT  IOWA ST.
SOUTH ALABAMA  AT  NEBRASKA
FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL  AT  INDIANA
OREGON  AT  MICHIGAN ST.
EASTERN ILLINOIS  AT  NORTHWESTERN

RMCIII

It's a short week, and some hard picks coming in the form of the Pac 12 conf.! I have a feeling more home game upsets are on their way this week!

Have to agree Steve, 1 great Hail Mary pass at the end of the game will do it every time! Just ask Doug Flutie!

RMC

• Like 1

stevasaurus

My week #2 picks...:ph34r:
NOTRE DAME, ILLINOIS, PURDUE, WISCONSIN, MARYLAND, MICHIGAN, PENN ST. MINNESOTA, OHIO ST. RUTGERS, IOWA ST. NEBRASKA, INDIANA, MICHIGAN ST. NORTHWESTERN

RMCIII

Steve- you do realize this is for bragging rights! You may want to rethink some of those picks if you plan on catching me!

RMC

• Like 1

C-101plowerpower

Time to get them picks in, once the games begin your just out of luck!!

Im here to put you in the right place
  • Like 3

Racinbob

A bunch of great games were played. I'm stunned with the Northwestern win. I picked them again this week but I'm wondering about a letdown. At the halftime I was stunned last night but definitely unstunned the second half. I think Notre Dame losing Folston will have a negative effect but since they played most all of the game without him maybe not as much as I would have thought.

Here's the perfect slate this week:

Notre Dame :banana-blonde::banana-dance::banana-rainbow:, Illinois, Purdue, Wisconsin, Maryland, Michigan, Penn State, Minnesota, Ohio State, Rutgers, Iowa, Nebraska, Indiana, Michigan State, Northwestern.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

You got 1 game wrong this next week Bob.  :ychain:  Same as Brrly1.  :eusa-think:
Rob...the only way to stay in front of me...is to pick the same teams.  Have a doughnut buddy...it is lonely at the top.  :banana-linedance:It is hard to do a line dance when it is only you.  :D

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1

squonk

Notre Dame in a Squeaker! :) Purdue,Wisc, Maryland :( Michigan ( Tantrum Bowl) :) Penn St., Minnesota.328109581avatar.thumb.gif.7d3a9471426002 Ohio St. Rutgers, 252301634avatar.thumb.gif.5c093850a522aa Iowa ST.107109581avatar.thumb.gif.ff7bc44b234659 Nebraska, Indiana, Mich St. Northwestern

WHO THE HECK IS FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL? :scared-notify:

Edited by squonk
  • Like 3

JimD

NOTRE DAME  AT  VIRGINIA
WESTERN ILLINOIS  AT  ILLINOIS
INDIANA ST.  AT  PURDUE
MIAMI OF OHIO  AT  WISCONSIN
BOWLING GREEN  AT  MARYLAND
OREGON ST.  AT  MICHIGAN
BUFFALO  AT  PENN ST.
MINNESOTA  AT  COLORADO ST.
HAWAII  AT  OHIO ST.
WASHINGTON ST.  AT  RUTGERS
IOWA  AT  IOWA ST.
SOUTH ALABAMA  AT  NEBRASKA
FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL  AT  INDIANA
OREGON  AT  MICHIGAN ST.
EASTERN ILLINOIS  AT  NORTHWESTERN
Winners in red.

Thank you Jackhammer! ;)

Edited by JimD
  • Like 2

jackhammer

JimD

you didn't pick the last game ... nothing red   :)

• Like 1

RMCIII

Jim has the right idea Steve, you may want to copy some of his picks!
:D

papaglide
FIGHTING IRISH,  ILLINOIS, PURDUE, WISCONSINMARYLANDOREGON ST., BUFFALOMINNESOTA, OHIO ST, RUTGERS, IOWA NEBRASKAINDIANAOREGONNORTHWESTERN
  • Like 1

C-101plowerpower
NOTRE DAME  
ILLINOIS
PURDUE
WISCONSIN
BOWLING GREEN 
OREGON ST.  
PENN ST.
COLORADO ST.
OHIO ST.
RUTGERS
IOWA  
NEBRASKA
INDIANA
OREGON 
NORTHWESTERN

here's my randomness
  • Like 1

papaglide
Some thoughts:

PSU looked REAL shakey last weekend.
Michigan, well they are Michigan. Rich Rod had them in the right direction but wasn't given enough time. 
Mich State, we will find out Saturday night, but I don't think that it will bode well for Sparty
IRISH  are looking very REAL.
Minnesota has a very FOR REAL  head coach; the first since the GREAT LOU HOLTZ.  
Ohio State has one of the best head coaches EVER. 
Northwestern is a nice team, not Rose Bowl nice but NICE.
OREGON is for real. They are and don't miss Chip Kelly at ALL.
NEBRASKA. I dunno.  I would like for them to be awesome like they were when the Doctor was there. I would also like for OU to   run the 'bone again as well. Do pigs FLY? 
As far Indiana, Purdue, Iowa, Rutgers, and Maryland.....well some things NEVER change. Sorry John..
Edited by papaglide
  • Like 2

HorseFixer

We Still own em. Someday maybe they will man up and Join a Conference instead of just in Badmitten & Checkers. But that's what happens when you drop Games in the BIG TEN to soften your schedule.

tdjesus.jpg

Edited by HorseFixer
  • Like 2

Racinbob

Lest we forget  :kbutt:

Oh yea, the overall record for Notre Dame vs Big 10...........246-126-16......soften their schedule? :scratchead:

:ychain::ychain::ychain::orcs-cheers:

ND Michigan scoreboard.jpg

• Like 3

papaglide

Lest we forget  :kbutt:

Oh yea, the overall record for Notre Dame vs Big 10...........246-126-16......soften their schedule? :scratchead:

:ychain::ychain::ychain::orcs-cheers:

ND Michigan scoreboard.jpg

I was hoping that you knew that!!

• Like 1