Ken B

The new Farm truck...

stevebo

Today I was able to finally stop down and see Ken's new ride. As usual he was detailing and getting it right. I could not believe how good the paint looked after he buffed it. We went for a little ride and let me tell you something... this truck is tight and right !! When we got back to his house I decided to see if I could get any shine on my truck using the wheel and compound and you know what ... it shinned a little. I plan on buffing my entire truck as well now:ph34r:

Here are a few pics of them together. 

IMG_1053.JPG

IMG_1061.JPG

IMG_1057.JPG

• Like 8

squonk

Lots of iron there! :) :handgestures-thumbupright:

Ken, How about a shot of under the hood! :)

Edited by squonk

Ken B

Today I finished up detailing the outside of the truck. This truck still wears its original paint, it came out pretty nice and I'm very happy with it.. Under hood it needs the most detailing and repainting of some parts. I'll be replacing all hoses, they are the original hoses with original hose clamps, I will save the clamps and reuse them, I like the original clamps much better. One valve cover gasket is leaking a little so new gaskets will get done as well. Hopefully Monday a new dual exhaust system with some throaty mufflers...
20150822_142837_zpsdtr9gsa2.jpg
20150822_142807_zpst2xmja3m.jpg
20150822_142754_zpsx8sutxd6.jpg

Edited by Ken B
  • Like 5

Ken B

I took the truck to a few area exhaust shops to get a few estimates on a dual exhaust system... The last time I had custom duals put on it set me back 350 bucks. That was quite a while back though. I took it to one shop and they were giving me the run around, he really didn't want to give me an estimate because he didn't know how long it would take. The second shop the owner looked out his office window to peek at the truck and told me 1400.00. No thanks. On my way home from work i stopped at one last shop and he told me 500 if I supply the mufflers. I told him they were already in the bed of the truck and if he could do it right away he had a deal. I couldn't stand to drive it another mile with it sounding the way it did...I've also since added a trailer hitch and hauled my first small load of wood...
20150824_174521_zpszdhfahfq.jpg
20150825_165834_zpsn5d95jup.jpg
20150826_160733_zpsl4ssoc28.jpg

• Like 7

Aldon

That's a great looking rig. Every since you posted the first pic of this truck I find myself cruising Craig's list hoping to find my own back to the past rig. Dang I need to stop viewing your boat and truck threads! Lol

Edited by Aldon
  • Like 2

muz123

Now thats a truck! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

stevebo

No video of the exhaust rumble????

• Like 1

Ken B

You'll probably hear me coming...

• Like 3

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat:      :text-goodpost:    :text-+1:

• Like 2

Ken B

Its funny, even though it has Flow Master 44's on it it seems real quiet to me. I think it could be partly because of the way the exhaust pipes are angled and maybe also do to the fact that my hearing is terrible. I would have too hear it with someone else driving it while I'm sitting on the side lines. I think it probably sounds just about right though... I'll be cruising the back roads of Southbury this weekend looking for fire wood... I probably don't even have enough to last me a month..

stevebo
:ychain:
I will be that guy to blow by you sitting in the sidelines so you can hear it...
  • Like 2

squonk

Leave it in Granny gear and get going to about 35 and then just let off. See how much cracklin you got goin on! :)

slammer302

Looks good

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

AMC RULES
:ychain:

I will be that guy to blow by you sitting in the sidelines so you can hear it...

:text-yeahthat:     :text-goodpost:   :text-+1:

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Ken, the truck looks great. Should be a wheel horse in the back instead of the wood. Lol
I especially like the boat pic, cool.

Glenn

squonk

Will there be a J.C. Whitney catalog in the near future? :ychain:

Ken B

Leave it in Granny gear and get going to about 35 and then just let off. See how much cracklin you got goin on! :)

I think the only thing you would hear if I could get it up to 35 mph in granny gear is BOOM as the engine grenades!:laughing-rolling:  I might get 15 mph out of granny if I'm lucky...

• Like 2

JPWH

If it has limited slip or posi you can go almost anywhere with that low gear ratio.
Nice truck!!

Digger 66

20150826_160733_zpsl4ssoc28.jpg

Man I wish I still had pics of my '71 .
Thing was on 35's & geared to the hilt .
Military axles with 5.38's .
Thing wouldnt go over 50 MPH but would sure pull a house apart .
Ahhh memories.... 

Ken B

Mine has 410's out back. 55-60 mph is about as much as I want to push it with the original engine. Even though it only has 86,000 original miles on it they are work truck miles, not drivin Miss Daisy miles.. Now, if that fresh high revvin LT1 that is in my father in laws garage should ever wind up under the hood I might take it up to 65...

• Like 2

AMC RULES
That truck definitely deserves a fresh LT1.     :auto-layrubber:

953 nut

Had 4:10s in a '59 3/4 ton Chevy with a 283, As you said, 60 MPH top end but in granny first with 1000 pounds in the bed you could pull down a barn!

• Like 2

JPWH

Having a truck from that era thàt looks that good why would you want to hurry? Sit back, wave at everyone with an ear to ear grin and enjoy the ride!

• Like 3

Ken B

Having a truck from that era thàt looks that good why would you want to hurry? Sit back, wave at everyone with an ear to ear grin and enjoy the ride!

I hear ya there. I'm in no hurry at all, Its got all the power but speed is not a strong point. Lucky for me I knew that before I bought it.. :D

• Like 2

JimmyZ

With that load of wood it doesn't look like the rear suspension is even sagging!

• Like 1