JPWH

Another media blast cabinet

JPWH

My son had someone drop it off at his shop. He said it came out of a hospital bed. He gave me two actuators and two vibrator motors. I saw  some as an option on new blast cabinets for 169.00 they called it a shaker.
Thanks for the compliment.

JPWH

Still have a little work to do but I now have a working blast cabinet.
NCM_0194.thumb.JPG.053203e7a97d1426d985a

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Hank, do I spy a seat backrest in there? Lol

Glenn

• Like 1

JPWH

You do, and in the near future you may recognize the bracket for it. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

JPWH

I finally got all the bugs worked out and the cabinet is working great. I use a bucket feed siphon gun in a water jug from a water dispenser turned upside down with a hole drilled in the bottom for the tube. When the jug is empty I dump the media in a 13 gal trash can and pour the media through a sifter I made from a bucket then use a funnel to pour it back in the jug.
The plexiglass lens is working good as well. I installed a metal window screen I cut down to fit into brackets about 3/4 inch below the window. I clean the screen and window while waiting for the.media to go thru the funnel into the jug. The whole process of recycling the media and cleaning window takes.about 20 minutes. 
I am going to add a light to each side at the front. That will eliminate shadows when working on larger items.

• Like 1