Sign in to follow this  
Tuneup

Parts Supplier - Starter Drive

Tuneup

Hi Gang,
Starter rattles terribly on this K301 on the C125 I am beginning to restore. Removed the starter. Missing 1 and 1/2 teeth. They've got these drives or at least similar on eBay but I was wondering if there is a better source this list frequents and will rely on your experience. Anybody?

Thanks! It's only money.

rmaynard

A new Bendix kit will cost you about $50.00. A new aftermarket starter can be purchased for less.

Tuneup

Thanks, Bob,
After battery, trans HiLo, coil and 2 tubes, $50 doesn't make me say, "Ouch!" Does the list have preferred vendors? I got the HiLo from Mowers Direct at a very good price.

rmaynard

I shop eBay.

Horse46

Same boat here but a little worse me thinks, is the gear available on its own, as the starter is fine?image.thumb.jpg.734f3a225b2d1dd2d1670026

rmaynard

I have never had to replace or repair a Bendix gear, and I have always found deals on new whole starters on eBay ($45.00 for my last one), but I just did an eBay search for "Kohler starter gear" and came up with many choices, some as low as $9.99. I know you are in the UK, but someone may have decent shipping rates to there as well.