cdsl810

K301 carb kit question

cdsl810

Does the small fiber washer/gasket in the rebuild kit go where the bowl nut enters the bowl? Everything else is accounted for, but I'm not sure what the small fiber ring is for. When I took the carb apart, there was nothing on the inside of the bowl where the nut enters. I think that's where the fiber thing is supposed to be, around the nut on the inside of the bowl. The carb on the Magnum M10 was pretty much the same, but I don't remember seeing anything like this fiber ring anywhere.

It's the red fiber ring in the picture.

carb kit.JPG

Edited by cdsl810

seven

im 90 percent sure that's what the fiber washer is for.does it fit I would use it?

Rob R

Yes sir exact-o-mundo.

tunahead72

Just to clarify, I hope, because I haven't had any of mine apart in a while...  I believe the gasket goes on the outside of the bowl, like the diagram that Brian just provided.

Check this out for more details, in case you haven't seen it yet:
http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/file/211-how-to-carburetor-rebuildpdf/

cdsl810

The outside of the bowl seemed logical to me, but when I took mine apart, there was a metal washer on the bowl bolt, so that's why I was thinking it may go on the inside instead. The how to documentation confirms that it belongs on the bolt, outside the bowl.

The PO had no gasket there with just the washer. Go figure. He wasn't a Wheel Horse guy--one of those Simplicity types. He chose to keep his orange one and sell me the C-125 Auto. He thought it was a POS compared to his mango monstrosity. The C-125 had only 12hp he said, and his Simple-thingy 16hp--so it must be a superior machine, right? Hehe. I got the better end of that deal. Case-in-point: I'm repairing the C-125 myself. He was taking the Sim-plicated tractor to a dealer for repair.

I love these Horses more and more as time goes on.