Sign in to follow this  
CasualObserver

TV in the workshop

CasualObserver

How many other people have TVs in their workshop? Anybody ran cable yet or still using rabbit ears? It occasionally crosses my mind that I'm going to have to do something out there or my little 13 inch is going to become useless!

We're on satellite, so I probably won't run an extra leg out there... thinking about one of those converter boxes. Anybody else facing this one, and what are your thoughts?

I suppose I could just stick to the stereo... never really seem to "watch" much TV out there anyway, just on for noise most of the time.

sorekiwi

Yep, I only turn it on for the noise (company?) too.

Its on rabbits ears, but so is my TV in the house. Cable never used to run down my street (I'm out in the boonies) and I'd have to cut tree's down to get a good satellite signal.

I've got too much to do to sit down and watch TV anyway...

Brrly1

Well Jason I can proudly say that I have cable new power line and I even have a phone line ran out there. When I first moved in that was one of the first things I did, I cored a couple holes coming out of the basement and then I dug a trench 18" deep, 110 ft back to the garage, laid down a pair of 1 1/4" pipe and then went and bought the cord that I needed to hook up the power 2 x 250'-12 gauge. Then installed new breaker box and rewired the garage. Same time that I did that I also ran cable line and communication line for phone in the other pipe so I am basically all set for cable, phone and power. Now only if I had a little bit of heat! John :hide:

:horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay:

Teddy da Bear

Well...my new workshop is in the basement. I would like to have a t.v. down there. I have not gotten one of those converter boxes yet.

I keep calling these nunbers on t.v. to get one of those discount coupons. But they all seem just to be informational numbers. Why can't they just give us the number outright? I think they are still feeling people out to see if they are converting or not.

Do you remember a couple of years ago? They also set a deadline and decided not to uphold it. I kinda wonder if they do not get the number of responses they expect if they will postpone this February deadline again.

With the economy the way it is.... Many people don't have the extra money for anything much less a converter box or a new digital t.v. Sorry if I wandered a bit off topic.

CasualObserver

Mike... try this. https://www.dtv2009.gov/ApplyCoupon.aspx This site works... it's the .gov site. I got a coupon through this, but gave it to my folks. The live out in the country and only get broadcast tv... so I gave them my coupon to make sure they had enough boxes for the house.

jusjeepn

My garage has 3 tv's, 1 dvd player, one vhs player, one surround sound system, a stereo system, a boom box in the office, 3 phones,2 computers, a fridge, coffee pot, wood heat, gas heat, electic heat, kerosene heat, running water... Wait a minute... If I get rid of all this stuff, I'd have room for more horses :hide: But what's more important? "the bachelor pad" or the horses?...

HUGE APPLIANCE SALE!!!

I'm on aerial as well. Soon to be switched to satellite.

djmil11

i do not have a tv in the garage, but have a converter box. that thing is awesome. the pic is great and u are allowed 2 coupons per household.

HorseFixer

My garage has 3 tv's, 1 dvd player, one vhs player, one surround sound system, a stereo system, a boom box in the office, 3 phones,2 computers, a fridge, coffee pot, wood heat, gas heat, electic heat, kerosene heat, running water... Wait a minute... If I get rid of all this stuff, I'd have room for more horses :D But what's more important? "the bachelor pad" or the horses?...

HUGE APPLIANCE SALE!!!

I'm on aerial as well. Soon to be switched to satellite.

I have an antenna in the atttic Run to a small 13" T.V. Havent turned it on in years but need to get a flat screen! :hide: juspeepn is that a pic of you on high lines? :hide:

linen beige

My shop has cable, cable modem, kitchenette with two 'fridges, microwave, full bath, computer, surround sound, 57" high def t.v., central heat and air, phone, washer/dryer, utility sink w/hot/cold water, 220v power, even a back-up generator. :D

But that's 'cause it's in my basement. I just can't stir up any fumes or make much noise when the kids are home. :hide:

C-Series14

Don't have a TV in the garage BUT I do have a Harley in the living room! :hide:

bowtieguy

TV?.....wats dat??...heck, we don't even have electricity, no running water and about to run out of "slick pages" for that little building out in the back yard??

But I do have a nut roaster parked in the kitchen, right next to the kitchen table and the cook stove..so she will be nice and warm if ins I need to go fetch some fire wood or go down to the end of the lane to see if my Social Security check is in da mailbox. :horseplay:

Sure glad I got the ole 702 running the ole WH 3K generator so I can run my laptop and communicate with you Wheel Horse gurus :hide:

saguaro

I have portable shop with all the amenities of home. But no tv :hide:

Rideawaysenior

Got the cable TV, cable modem, phone, fridge and 220v service. No plumbing yet. Just swapped over to an electric tankless water heater in the house and I'm thinking because it works so great about trenching a line to the garage with another tankless heater there so that we can have hot and cold out there too. I spend alot of time out there should be confortable shoudn't it?

jusjeepn

yeah Duke! Thats me on the left!

HorseFixer

yeah Duke! Thats me on the left!

:wtf: What ya doing way the f*** up there? :hide: ya know pat its a funny thing, I'm a licensed pilot or I should say I was for may years, have flown from Mich to Mexico and everywhere in between 10,000 ft above sea level and I would be dammed if I would get up there! :omg:

Of course 51 years ole' may have something to do with it :D there alot of chit I never would do now that I used to do! :hide:

whchris

well i dont have any power to my shop or you bet your ass their would be a tv with cable (just basic tho i have digital so i get the basic with out the digital box) you would think that knowing a little something about electricity i would have power out there.... nah that shops in the works to be torn down before the town and insurance company get on my ass

Stigian

I do have a TV in my workshack, but the only channel it picks up is my cctv cameras.

Real "reality Tv" :hide:

oldandred

Hummmmm tv yes water yes bathroom all the woods out back tape player no no tapes no bed yet and finnaly a yellow tractor yes yellow its a warm feeling I think

and wood stove now what else could one need ? :hide:

KyBlue

Ice Box? hot plate... get those things youd really never need to leave, cept to procure more parts or tractors

linen beige

Scott we've all seen the satelite dish right outside your shop. Ya couldn't even get the shop built afur ya had the dish put in. :hide:

KyBlue

Gotta have that TV while im buildin Dontchya Know! :hide: I need to get back to buildin, if itd just get over freezin!!! Gotta do some Q'n today too

jusjeepn

Well Duke, that's the fun part of the job. Most times your stuck in a bucket truck, but every once in awhile you get to actually climb up and just hang around for bit. I'll have to admit though, after 2 hours on the wood, your dogs get to really barkin. :omg: It's definatlely not a job for the sane of mind :hide: . (but I hear pilots are even worse ) :hide::D And age wise, your never to old to play. Some of us just play harder than others. (41 years and lovin life)