Sign in to follow this  
dgjks6

Options

dgjks6

Were there options when buying a wheel horse, like buying a car

For example I have a different steering wheel and seat on my 312 from pics I see of others. And what about tires? Rims? Foot rests? Other things?

JimD

the things you mention were probably replaced / modified by po's. don't think there were options on seats , tires, etc. but i've been wrong before, or maybe i was just mistaken. :hide:

bitten

I do believe that different years have differences on things that were put on. My 1985 310-8 has a different steering wheel then a later model and I'm sure things are changed all the time from year to year. I know this isn't much help but just to show you there are different things for different years.

Good Luck,

P.J.

DMESS

You'll find that the 312 was produced long enough to see a variety of detail items like the seat and steering wheel change over the years. From '85 to '87 Wheel Horse was still using the white center cap two spoke and three spoke wheels on some models that they had been using since the '70's. Same with the seats. Approx '88-'89 a new steering wheel design came about as well as a new seat style. These were changed again in 1996.

Sooooo, depending on the year and model, you will see a variety of seat and steering wheel designs. Keep in mind the larger, more expensive models always had the larger, deluxe seats and steering wheels.

Wheel and tire sizes were utilized the same way. Many styles and sizes varying between models/years.

A model by model break down would be like writing a novel so I'll refrain from that! The 300/400/500 series have variations like you cannot imagine given the length of production tiem for them.