slammer302

Coil Swap

slammer302

Will a coil from a magnum 10 fit a magnum 14?

Wheel-N-It
Have you compared them side by side physically, and now concerned about the electrical part?

slammer302

no i haven't there both still on the tractors

Wheel-N-It
I get alot of information from the Kohler website by downloading the service manuals. I would think they are the same between the M10. M12, and M14 engines at the least. Edited by Wheel-N-It

Don1977

Are they both 93 through 95 they used the same part no. KH 10321.  Some of the 89 and older used KH10320 . You can check the parts numbers on Parts Tree, or the Toro site. I used Parts Tree because it's easier to use. Don't have any idea what the difference is.

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Are they both 93 through 95 they used the same part no. KH 10321.  Some of the 89 and older used KH10320 . You can check the parts numbers on Parts Tree, or the Toro site. I used Parts Tree because it's easier to use. Don't have any idea what the difference is.

Good investigative work Don. I need to remember to navigate around Parts Tree for some of this kind of information.

slammer302

thanks i will just have to pull the engine covers off and check to make sure I know the 14M is a 1996 but i'm not sure what year the 10M is the coil on the 14 is good but the wire is almost broken in half and the inslaition is missing from the heat and debris from the flywheel fan blowing on it or maybe just mice chewing on it 

Edited by slammer302

Wheel-N-It
Time to take those covers off anyway to give the engine a good cleaning. And as far as the mice is concerned, its time for you to invest in a good barn cat! I have a good little barn cat named Bibi and she is worth her weight in gold for keeping mice and snakes away from the house and barns and out buildings.
  • Like 2

slammer302

just got a cat a few weeks ago!!

• Like 2

slammer302

I figured I would let you guys know that I pulled the coil from the 310-8 with a M10 and it looks to be the same as the M14

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Will Barn cats handle ground hogs. My wife will not me give Ralph the ground hog a saucer of anti freeze. She may let me have a barn cat since she loves cats. 

Wheel-N-It
Maybe some mean ole' barns cats can handle ground hogs, but my sweet barn cat "Bibi" won't go near them. She's part Chicken.  LOL :lol:

I figured I would let you guys know that I pulled the coil from the 310-8 with a M10 and it looks to be the same as the M14

Don't forget to let us know if you get your M14 running again.

slammer302

Well the coil worked on the 314H but still cutting out under heavy load so next I'm going to swap the carb out with a different one and also my muffler is rusted out and has a huge hole in it so I'm going to change it out so I have sum back pressure

slammer302

It was the carb put one on it from a old K series it it runs like a champ!! Thanks for the replies and help! I guess i have a extra coil now

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

It was the carb put one on it from a old K series it it runs like a champ!! Thanks for the replies and help! I guess i have a extra coil now

Theres something about those old K series Kohlers :bow-blue:

• Like 1