Sign in to follow this  
Fordiesel69

Zama / Walbro Carb Question.

Fordiesel69

I am refering to the weedwacker / chainsaw carbs.

I rebuilt one of these and it was having trouble bringing fuel from the tank.  The lever on the needle valve that touches the disc on the diaphram was worn, so I bent it up a little bit so it would make contact.  I think i did it too much, and even with the adjustment needles screwed in, the engine seems overly rich.  Does anyone have a measurement in how much this lever needs to be bent?

sorekiwi

I bought these gauges a few years ago.  They maybe get used once or twice a year, but are invaluable when you need them.

http://www.amazon.com/Zama-500-13-1-Walbro-Carburetor-Metering/dp/B006YW78QC/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437789239&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=walboro+zama+gauge

I also bought the pressure gauge to check that the needle valve is sealing properly.  You can also check that with a Mityvac that will supply pressure as well as vacuum.

For as simple as 2 stroke carbs are, they sure can be as frustrating as hell, and a bear to get set right.

sorekiwi

Dont know if this will help you, the most common carbs use this setting, it is a hair over 1/16th inch.

WP_20150725_001.jpg