squonk

Snow Cab Project

AMC RULES

squonk
My Originl Cab has both...  :confusion-shrug:
snaps, and a zippered bottom, on its replaceable windshield.

IMG_2094_(3).thumb.JPG.1a55007887000c065

Ok " Mr. Cab", where do those springs go? :)

Awesome!  Just awesome!  I need to know how she works in a few short months!  Curious about how much the front chains will help.  Looks like the rear chains should do a good job even over the ags.  I'm a big fan of the double cross links!

Dennis Thornton

Ok " Mr. Cab", where do those springs go? :)

Spin those frt ag's so they are backwards. It will steer even better.

MikesRJ

Must be a newer model than the original ones form earlier years that I have seen, Mike. I stand corrected for the later models then. :) I'll have to dig out my old White with Red/Black lettering version and take a few pics. I know where in the storage shed it is, getting to it is the difficult part! LOL With the upcoming "1973 10-8 Replacement Project", perhaps it's a good time to consider setting this new tractor up with the cab I have BEFORE I start the paint job!!! ROTFLMAO I've always wanted to use it, but never wanted to drill holes in perfectly good fenders. I've also played around with teh idea of figuring out how to mount the cab without changing the machine. Perhaps I'll revisit that this time around.

Edited by MikesRJ
  • Like 1

AMC RULES
My doors definitely spring back to the closed position Mike...
but I don't see why...can't find a spring on 'em anywhere I look.
  :confusion-shrug:

squonk

These springs go on the bottom somewhere to help keep the flaps tight I think. The instructions mention them before you even get to the doors. No pictures of them either

squonk

Custom made brace made to clear PTO levercab_brace_001.thumb.JPG.2d362415ace57094

• Like 3

Theroundhousernr

These springs go on the bottom somewhere to help keep the flaps tight I think. The instructions mention them before you even get to the doors. No pictures of them either

Right on, they are meant to go in tabs in the vinyl on the bottom near the foot rest and get pulled back tight and hooked in somewhere on the frame. I wil have to crawl under mine to see, I dont remember. They keep the material tight against the foot rest to keep air and snow from blowing in on your feet i guess.

Fun Engineer

Right on, they are meant to go in tabs in the vinyl on the bottom near the foot rest and get pulled back tight and hooked in somewhere on the frame. I wil have to crawl under mine to see, I dont remember. They keep the material tight against the foot rest to keep air and snow from blowing in on your feet i guess.

Mine were connected to cotton straps with knots in them that ran through grommet holes on the bottom of the vinyl cover. One end of the spring then connects to what ever part of the tractor that's available and won't interfere with the tractors or implements operations. Sorry, no pictures available.

Dave Burley

Sent from my tractor seat.

• Like 1

608KEB

The springs secure the cab. There should be some sort of strap near the front of the foot rests. Ill take a pic of my cab and post it for you

Don1977

Some mention fender washers under  cab frame mounts on the foot boards and it would be a good idea. I stiffen up my foot board by spot welding a 3/8" rod under the lip.
 They were bent and gave every time I got on, they don't even give any now.   Pictures below.

SAM_0403.jpg

SAM_0404.jpg

• Like 1

JPWH

Nice job and looks good too.

MalMac

If you take that white top to the cab and use a vinyl paint and paint it black, you will be surprised how warm it gets in there. When they say white reflects sun and black absorbs it, there not kidding. I have two tractors with cabs on them. One is old style Fiberglas white top the other is new style with black vinyl top. The newer one is always 20 degrees + warmer than the older one. Even when overcast. If I remember right Horsefixer painted his cab top. So he would know what paint best adheres to the vinly top.

squonk

Cab is all on.
Got my gnarly hood on too. Found out part of the left door latch is broken but a tie strap took care of that. Just need to make a 6" extension for the chute control and add the weighted rear wheels chains and 4 wheel weights. I'm a tight fit. I won't be getting in and out of it with my 4WD snow boots on! :)

cab_done_003.thumb.JPG.6c932930c2b21a89a

cab_done_004.thumb.JPG.617a511e634e30e44

cab_done_005.thumb.JPG.c8aaa7b1707d3c6cb

• Like 2

woodchuckfarmer
Good looking job you did. Should keep you warmer.
  • Like 1

Wishin4a416

Looks good Mike! I like the wheels on the blower. What size and how much clearance did you give your scraper blade on the bottom. Stay dry!!!

elcamino/wheelhorse

Squonk , I see that you have tires on the blow , what is the reason for the tires? I am still learning about blowers as i hope to move to S.W. PA. in the future and will probably need all the knowledge I can get about blowers and cabs.

squonk

I have the tires because I have a gravel driveway with some pretty good size stones. Plus it makes it easier to move it around. I think they are 8" OD and have about a 1 1/2 gap with the scraper bar

• Like 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

Thanks , That info will be very helpful as the house we are looking at has a gravel and stone lane leading to it.

AMC RULES

Cab is all on.
 I'm a tight fit. I won't be getting in and out of it with my 4WD snow boots on! :)

Might consider wearing something a bit safer in there...
1393e55f77a3b7747d0d2c58face4ae2.jpg

• Like 4

squonk

Craig, are those the booties you wear when running your sickle mower? :ROTF::ROTF:

• Like 1

JC 1965
:text-yeahthat:         :ychain: