Sign in to follow this  
bt81camaro

New here D series questions

bt81camaro

I have been looking here for a while, but just joined. I just got my grandfathers 1979 D 200 with a 48" mower, 56" dozer/snow blade, snow blower, cab, rear wheel weights, and frontend loader :banana: . He bought it new. It has not been really maintained for the last 10 years since he has been gone :hide: just used for snowplowing and then put away again. I will have many questions along the way and this seems to be the place to be. Everyone here seems great. Right now i am looking at making a three point hitch for the rear. Can someone give me a picture of how the hydralic cylinder hooks to the lift mechanism? Also I need the measurements of the lower arms and the lift arms if possible. The other question i have is the tractor seems to "lean to the left" not level when sitting on level floor. Has anyone else had this issue or have any ideas? Thank you all. I have pictures and will get them set up soon and get them posted.

JimD

hi bt81. allow me to be the first to say :hide: i don't have a d series tractor, so i can't help you. but there are a lot of d owners here who are well versed on them. stick around, you'll see what i mean. i have 4 horses, and not alot of knowledge, but when i need to know something, this is the first place i come to. every time i leave a little smarter than i arrived. these folks are the best. jim. oh , don't forget, :D

pond195520032003

Hi Brandon and :D as Jim already stated :party: I have a D-200 also aswell as my brother has one :omg: also have a parts D-180 and a couple parted out D-160's :hide: anyway send me an email to gmorgan@dragonbbs.com as my brother has an extra 3pt hitch! also have some cylinders :D look in the photo section and you will see a few D series tractors that some of the members have including myself and enjoy the best Wheel Horse group with a great bunch of people around :hide:

Would love to have a loader for mine :omg:

htopjimmy26

Hello, if you can show us a picture of the lean we may be able to give you some ideas, also there is a complete 3 point for d series on fleabay; search "wheelhorse 3 point" and it shows up. Expensive though I think its like 400$ Good luck :hide:

Teddy da Bear

:hide: BT...

You can also go to the toro website and plug in your model and serial number which can be found on a "build tag" somewhere on the dash tower.

You can also do the same thing at partstree.com which I personally like better because they seem to have more assembly drawings. Then you can search through the parts list for the 3pt. hitch assembly.

Buzz

If you want to see the 3-point hitches for Wheel Horse click on the following link:

https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/index.cfm?...es&xCaller=Toro

In the 4th box "product name" type in 3-point hitch exactly as I typed it, and then hit "Submit". It will call up a list of hitches that you can look at.

bt81camaro

Thanks for the replies. :hide: i have looked at the toro sites which help, but i would like a picture on the tractor how the lift arm and cylinder mount under the seat. I hope to make it outside and see if i can get a picture or two of the lean of the tractor. it was especially visible with the blade on it, but now I have the loader mounted. I will see what I can get. :D

PS. Greg i sent you an email also!

pond195520032003

Brandon, here are a couple pics of the cylinder hook up :hide:

Picture001-11.jpg

Picture002-8.jpg

Picture003-10.jpg

Picture012-8.jpg

this link will allow you to view all the pics of the D-200!

http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/gg248/pond195520032003/

hope this helps, and if you need any more :hide: just let me know :D

Teddy da Bear

You see? The 74 model year came with pine needles as optional ballast.

That is what kept Pond's D from leaning.... :hide:

pond195520032003

You see? The 74 model year came with pine needles as optional ballast.

That is what kept Pond's D from leaning.... :omg:

:party: you are right, never thought of that :hide::D

have'nt had a chance to clean them out yet :hide: i only have 1 tree and you can guess what it is :omg:

its under a canopy now, so i might get at it :party: but its cold and this weird white stuff was coming down earlier :D

if anyone needs more pictures or better pictures :party: just let me know :D

bt81camaro

Hey Greg, thanks for all the pictures. I believe my dad has tried to email you a couple of times about the three point as a suprise for me :D . If you have not gotten them or my last email to you, could you drop him an email at dcollins46939@yahoo.com. :hide: thank you

bt81camaro

Thanks Greg for the hitch!!!! My dad and wife suprised me by getting it for christmas :thumbs: Can anyone give me the measurements for what toro calls the pivot assembly. It is the piece that connects the three point rockshaft to the cylinder. I can make it without the dimension of an original one, but if i could I would like to make one that looks original. :whistle:

Operator

:thumbs: Brandon. And I was just asking the guys here if the "D"s had their own snow blowers and looky here you have one! :whistle: Have fun these guys are really good. And it gets addicting.

Randy