stevasaurus

Sycamore Steam Show Illinois

stevasaurus

This show is coming up...is anyone interested in going out there??  :)
Here is the link...
http://www.threshingbee.org/

shallowwatersailor

Always a good show when I lived in the area!

CasualObserver

This is a nice little steam show with beautiful grounds and a nice little flea market. I won't be able to make it this year. They get a fairly good variety GT turnout, but their focus really is their steamers. I was surprised at how many guys just showed up to take their tractor through the parade and then never saw them again all day. Seemed to me the Wheel Horse guys were the only ones who hung out for conversation all day.

• Like 4

Lane Ranger

I am going to be heading to Maryland during the  Sycamore Show!    I enjoyed this show a lot last year.  Great place to have one!

Terry M

I attended this show last year....and Yes, it was a Nice show with Nice grounds.    I even came back Sunday for a couple of hours just to talk to the steam tractor guys. I work for a large electric and gas utility in a high pressure steam powered electric generating plant myself ,so I Had some informative and interesting conversations about steam power and coal as a fuel. 

But, personally, I didn't feel very welcome by some of the people helping run this show and the restrictions at this show were a bit much in my opinion....so it's not a very good chance I would ever return to this show.

just me I guess........

• Like 1

CasualObserver

Not just you Terry. I did get sort of that same feeling.

Like I said earlier, the steamers are their focus.  I think to them the garden tractors are just an add-on because it's the new trend in antique tractor shows. It didn't help that they had those prior year issues with tents not tied down in the wind and peoples tractors getting scratched, etc, etc.... .

• Like 1