boovuc

KT17-19 Carb Adjustment Rant

boovuc

Wow!
Whoever designed the carb main screw with the air-cleaner cover location on the KT Series I and II should get a metal. Pinned through their nose!

I can get my KT17 series II running fine with the air cleaner assembly off. I even made it slightly lean knowing full well that when I put the air cleaner assembly back on I'll lose good access to the main jet.
I think I'll try to find some very LONG needle nose pliers and try to adjust it with the assembly on. I had this issue with my C-175 also. PITA!!!!!:ranting: 

Aldon

I also felt the same way with the c195 I just had to adjust. Not a maintenance friendly design.

luckily I was able to adjust it by hand. 

pfrederi

Like trying to adjust the idle mixture on a D200

Wheel-N-It
Boo, I've been there too. Except for me it was 101 degrees and Sunny. That was a first class PIT(Sun Burned)A carb tuning experience! I hope I never have to repeat that scenerio!

boovuc

Amen brother!

• Like 1

baerpath

I just drilled a hole in the filter plate to adjust and use a plug  when done adjusting.  Still have to take the cover off but not the whole thing 

• Like 3

Wheel-N-It

I just drilled a hole in the filter plate to adjust and use a plug  when done adjusting.  Still have to take the cover off but not the whole thing

I actually thought about that too. I will follow your lead if I'm ever in that situation again!

boovuc

That would make adjusting it easier if you don't have to take the whole base off!
May be going to Lowes for a plug and then match it up with a good drill bit myself!

• Like 1