kudzu3

Tecumseh pics please

kudzu3

Can someone please provide a picture of the front of the hh100 engine? When I got the tractor, it wasn't running right, so I got a new carb and discovered that someone, at some time, had put the tin behind the carb on the outside of the main cooling tin, leaving an air space behind the carb. I put it back as it should be (I think), with the right side under the main cooling tin. Now the carb is too close to the engine, with the plug wire not allowing the choke to work, also the nut that goes on the right side of the carb stud doesn't have room to go on the stud. The carb is the correct one, with the same dimensions as the original. I simply don't know where I went wrong, or why things are so off :huh:. If someone could provide me with a close pic of the carb area on this engine, I would certainly appreciate it. :)

wallfish

I don't have an engine to get a pic from but if you post a pic of yours, maybe we can see what's going on and possibly help out

• Like 1

pfrederi

Just brought this home from the show so I am not sure it is set up correctly but it runs.  Had to reroute the choke cable, seems to be too short.

IMG_3528.JPG

IMG_3533.JPG

IMG_3534.JPG

IMG_3536.JPG

IMG_3538.JPG

• Like 1

wheeledhorseman

Not sure if this schematic helps you at all ......

HH100.thumb.gif.01a9e81278a3856048ad530a

Looks like carb - gasket - tin - gasket - block.

Andy

Edited by wheeledhorseman

kudzu3

Thanks all, I think I can make it work. My carb is just different, but can't find one the same as the original. I just removed the end of the choke lever to stop the contact with the plug wire and was able to get clearance for the throttle. The only problem now is getting clearance for the right side nut holding the carb, but I'll figure out something. pfrederi, your pics really helped, thanks.

Brian01

I have a hh100, would get you pics but its raining right now....I need a coil for mine...or sale it or trade it for a 10hp or larger Kohler. I can't see giving $200 for a coil when you could buy a complete running motor for that

Brian01

Mine has an aluminum "wedge" in between the carb and engine.

IMG_20150701_110057133.jpg

SPINJIM

As Brian01 said, some Tec. carbs have a spacer between the carb and the block.   One I worked on had a spacer about 3/8" thick.    Good luck.
   Jim