Sign in to follow this  
Kelsey

1974 C-100 possible charging solution.

Kelsey

About three weeks ago, I started having a starting issue with my C-100 it was obvious that the battery was weak.
She just wouldn't turn over. When I hooked up the  Schumacher charger/starter for a jump start, it took right off.
I did this the following two weeks.  Last Tuesday, I took the battery to Wallyland and they charged it and said there
wasn't anything wrong with it. The battery is three years old. Yesterday, I took the rectifier/amp meter off the tractor,
lightly sanded the male plugs and rinsed them off with electrical cleaner. I did the same with the female electrical
couplers. Twenty three years ago, I had the same type of problem and the WH dealer solved this problem by doing
this method. The dealer explained to me how he fixed the C-100. This owner/dealer was a great guy because he took
visible pride in all of his work. Also, he respected and treated you as a person.
  Now, I'm not saying this is a cure all for this type of problem but I thought this would be a good starting
point with the charging system problem. Around 7:30 this morning, I started the C and she took right off.

• Like 1