boovuc

Mow Mow Mow the Grass

boovuc

It seems to be all I do. I mow my mother's yard for her now that she turned over 91 years of age. She still runs the self propelled doing the front for me. Then I mow my acre plus mowing at camp. This rain then sun has me mowing every three to four days. Add in the trimming and weed-eating and doing all this between the showers and thunderstorms and it seems that all I do is mow. Oh and remove ticks from my waistband. I like the seat time but wow...............it can slow down a little any time soon! Picked up Lyme's Disease this year after the 6th known tick that I found.  A month of anti-antibiotics and maybe I can get my mojo back and not feel like I've been hit at and missed but **** at and hit! All this is slowing down my 417-8 Speed refresh! 

roadapples

you`re a good son boo. hope you`re feeling better!

• Excellent 1

AMC RULES

Sounds like an incredible Mom too. 
Fell better Boo.  

shallowwatersailor

Sorry to hear about the Lyme's disease. It's something that I dread being around. I use Tick Tubes to lessen the possibility but I'm not sure how effective they are being the only one in my cluster of neighbors using them. As a side note, I got a small patch of Poison Ivy doing some cleanup in early May with a quick run into the woods on a tractor. Shorts and no socks didn't help.

I have an 81 year-old neighbor who literally whizzes around her property using her Craftsman ride-on. Always good to see her while wearing a shower cap.doing the mowing! This is one of the neighbors that I plow the driveway for in Winter. I joked with my wife that since breaking my ankle the other day - that I should ask her to do my mowing while I'm laid up!

• Like 2

AMC RULES
You know, if you do John...
          :wwp:
  • Like 1

Aldon

Wow. Great stamina. Pushing through the antibiotics and weakness.

Must be good genetics. I can only how to still be ambulatory at your mom's age much less push mowing the yard! Great on her!!!

boovuc

She is an inspiration. And to think she fractured her hip and had a partial hip replacement just before Thanksgiving. (She really did)!
I did tell her that she will still have to cut firewood for camp! :P

PS: Thanks for the well wishes. I caught it before it did any damage long term. I've lived in Clinton County, PA 98% of my life and I never, ever had a tick on me. Even as a kid, we hiked, fished, hunted, waded through high weeds, laid on the ground, built forts & tree houses, cut firewood, cleared trials, etc.
Eight years ago at age 50, I picked up my first tick near Renovo, PA during an endurance hike and now they seem to be everywhere I want to be! Both my dogs get them and the one was treated for Lymes earlier this year. This wet humid weather isn't helping but you can't change it. You just deal with it I guess.

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It
Sorry to hear about the Lyme's. I have not had that but did have rocky Mountain Spotted Tick Fever back in 1992. Took me three months to get back to normal once it was over. My 312-8 didn't get used much that summer.