Sign in to follow this  
USHorse

48 deck from D200

USHorse

..being offered a 48 in deck that was used on a D200.  Attachamatic looks the same as my current 42 inch used on my 416-8 but don't know if set up is the same.  I know  a 416-8 does take a 48 in deck, BUT from a D200?  

Trouty56

Got to change the tachomatic bar and the rubber mounts.....that is it.....

USHorse

I am assuming the bar is a smaller diameter.  Can I use the parts from my current 416?

Trouty56

the bar is designed differently for the D series....has to do with the way the belt tensioner works.....so change the bar that goes in the tachomatic and change the rubber stop mounts (they are longer for a D series)...away you go!!!!

Trouty56

might be able to sell those other parts to a member that is converting a deck the other way.....:).....you know....from a regular deck to a D series....

Here are the parts that need removed and changed out.....so don't throw them out....you may purchase a D series....or someone may be able to use them.

post-1933-0-38956900-1336169806_thumb.jp

Edited by Trouty56
  • Like 1

USHorse

Thanks!  Sounds like a simple swap out of parts.  I actually used the deck and D200 last year.  Unfortunately the tractor had issues with the coupling/drive shaft at the end of last year's season.  Fixed and broke again.  Owner is going to part it out.  Tractor was bought with only 386 hours!  Sad that it is going to be dismantled.

Deck in really good condition so I will be the benefactor if deal goes through.