WNYPCRepair

2 stage snow thrower interchangeability

WNYPCRepair

A guy locally is selling a Classic with a 42" 2 stage thrower. Does anyone know if it will fit a 95 520-H? I don't have any other info on the Classic, guy doesn't list year or model at all, I just see Classic on the hood

Sorry if this is a newbie question, but I have to learn somewhere, right?

WNYPCRepair

I have that, but have no idea what year or model the Classic is. 

nylyon

Here's a 44" manual http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/file/2563-snowthrower-44in-1996-1998-2-stage-79361-om-3318-826pdf/

The only concern would be the swept front axle, and the OM doesn't show any special extensions for the 520.  I would say it'll fit just fine!

• Like 1

Dennys502

Is that ad for the tractor with mower and snowblower in lockport?

WNYPCRepair

Yes, it is

Racinbob

By any chance can you copy and paste a picture of it? When you say Classic I'm thinking it's like my 2005 which has Classic on the side. If that's the case the blower will work fine. The Classic is what Toro started calling them and they are identical to the 3-400 series. A picture would confirm it.

Racinbob

I'll just do this. Does it look like this 'Classic'? If so, you're good to go.

WH Decals 2.JPG

WNYPCRepair

A little older than yours, I think.  :)

classic.jpg

classic2.jpg

classic2.jpg

Racinbob

Yup, that one is a bit older but you're good to go. That blower will hook right up. One thing though. I've only used single stage blowers. Is that a 10 horse I'm seeing? You might wish you had more power to turn a 2 stage.

MalMac

If it's really a 42 in. It is probably a single stage blower. If that is the case the blower will need the lift tube to be the one  with a slight bend in it to work on a 520h with swept axel. Now if it is a 2 stage it will fit a 520 just fine because the 2 stage was really designed for use on the 520. Something else just came to mind. Is the blower a Wheel Horse blower? If not then all advise just given is null and void. Because I have no experience with any other blowers and there for do not know what I am talking about. 

Am I reading the post wrong Racinbob, I took it he wanted to know if the blower off the classic would fit a 520?

Edited by MalMac

WNYPCRepair

I agree, that's why I want to see if it will work on a 520. 

I've been looking at a 520, and this blower will fit it, so I am hoping to grab both

WNYPCRepair

If it's really a 42 in. It is probably a single stage blower. If that is the case the blower will need the lift tube to be the one  with a slight bend in it to work on a 520h with swept axel. Now if it is a 2 stage it will fit a 520 just fine because the 2 stage was really designed for use on the 520. Something else just came to mind. Is the blower a Wheel Horse blower? If not then all advise just given is null and void. Because I have no experience with any other blowers and there for do not know what I am talking about. 

​You guys would definitely know better than me.  :)

What do you think?

classic thrower3.jpg

classic thrower.jpg

classic thrower2.jpg

baerpath

Yup Wheel Horse two stage Will direct fit any from 1973 through the 500 series as long as it has quick attach

MalMac

That is a 2 stage, will hook right up to a 520. 

Racinbob

Am I reading the post wrong Racinbob, I took it he wanted to know if the blower off the classic would fit a 520?

​You're reading it right. It's me who got things backwards. :oops: