Sign in to follow this  
Greg Parnell

Is this a good deal? need advice!!

Greg Parnell

I found this for $125.00 . Is it a good deal? no engine, new back tires

wh4sale.jpg

Appreciate your help!

HorseFixer

Thats not a bad price if it has new rear rubber what is that a 704, 603? :hide: cant see pic real good :D

Michael Bullington

Looks like a 702 or 552 ..probably not bad

daemon2525

That is crappy picture. No way to tell.

Does it have front tires? Tell us more or get a better picture.

Edit: Ok , I see the tire now. It's still a crappy picture

bell

looks pretty good.... I would consider paying that for one... in decent condition. Especially if the belt guard was there too.... :hide:

Greg Parnell

That's the only photo he had and he doesn't know what model it is. The photo is all I have to go by right now.

daemon2525

Yeah, it's probably fine, but if it were me, I would need a little better look at it.

Docwheelhorse

Theres NO ENGINE..... :hide: I dunno, in my neck of the woods engineless tractors don't bring squat for $$$ no matter what model they are. $125 would seem high to me and $75 would feel better.....

Tony

Greg Parnell

I was able to get him down to $100.00 and I told him I would buy it. I'll go pick it up this Thursday. I guess this makes me a Wheel Horse addict now :hide:

Brian1045

:hide: :D :hide:

HorseFixer

Yeah pictures!! :hide: and let us know how you come out! Im itchin to see what it is! :D

JimD

100.00 would bring ti to my house too. you could have a lot of fun restoring that while you look around for an engine. have fun and :hide:

84 400

I think 100.00 is a fair price. Looks like a clean solid platform.

Tennessee Country Boy

Looks like it has a bolt on dash plate which would make it a 1962. $100. is a good deal in my area. :hide:

Greg Parnell

PHOTOS ARE Here. I am really pleased with this old horse. Work your magic guys and let me know what I have. No belt guard was to be found :hide:

Nov10-112008001.jpg

Nov10-112008002.jpg

Nov10-112008008.jpg

Nov10-112008012.jpg

Nov10-112008014.jpg

Nov10-112008015.jpg

Nov10-112008017.jpg

kpinnc

Dangit Greg!

I've been trying to reach that guy for a week. I guess he sent the wrong number... :D

Looks good! Congrats!

Not many round hoods here in NC. You did good! :hide:

That's two for you now, right?

Kevin

oldandred

well I knoiw its not as 754 or 854

but could be a 701 but dont think so can you post a picture of the front end with hood and axle and one below the dash and its a recoil start no battery box unless it was removed

Michael Bullington

looks like a 702 to me,,,unless you can see where the tecumseh engine plate was then it might be a 552 ,,,,looks like the battery box is in bad shape..but hey its a nice find...good luck :horseplay:

DMESS

It's certainly a 1962 model. Looks like it had a starter button removed at some point plus the serial decal is not covering said hole, so I'd say that rules out the 502. Chances are good it was a 552 cause (and I've used this nasty logic a lot recently) The KOHLER would still be there. :D

Soooo, model 552 or 702 with the chances favoring the 552 due to Kohler engine longevity. :hide:

Greg Parnell

Kevin, Yea I have two now and I was wondering if anyone else after this.

Here is a photo of the front and battery tray.

Nov10-112008018.jpg

Nov10-112008020.jpg

bell

Nice find! :hide:

I'm no help at what model it is, but it is definately a 1962...

Just make it whatever you want then!

I have a engineless 633 that is going to become a 853.... I know they never made one, but I'm gonna!!! :D

Tennessee Country Boy

Well I was right on the 1962. Now I think it is a 502 because I do not see any holes to bolt the battery box down with, but 62 may be different. Where they welded in on a 62. Alot of 502s and 633s had a tool box instead of a battery box.

Have a great one. Henry in Tenn.

DMESS

B box was welded on the '62's and yes quite a few 502's seem to have the toolbox.

Michael Bullington

looking at that frame picture it looks like a kohler engine sat on it and the battery box is broken off,,,Looks like an impression of a battery on the frame :hide:

sorekiwi

Well I was right on the 1962. Now I think it is a 502 because I do not see any holes to bolt the battery box down with, but 62 may be different. Where they welded in on a 62. Alot of 502s and 633s had a tool box instead of a battery box.

Have a great one. Henry in Tenn.

I have a 502. It has a battery box (welded on) but the option toolbox sits in it instead of a battery. The battery box is visible on the right side of this picture: IMG_1702.jpg

In this same pic you can see the steel engine mounting plate used on the Tecumseh powered machines. The Kohler powered ones had a cast iron oil pan bolted directly to the frame - you may be able to see "witness" marks in the paint.

As Dustin stated yours has had a starter switch mounted in the dash tower at some stage. The 502 did not have this, and the serial tag was put over the hole, as in this pic: IMG_1696.jpg