semper5

Hydraulic lift issue

semper5

My new to me C145 doesn't lift the mower deck, at all. It has a few links, but moving the lift lever up or down makes no movement as far as the deck goes. Do I make adjustments by putting the nut in a higher link in the chain? I can't recall if I had to do this when I had a Raider 12.

Thanks for your help.

semper5

I see lots of people viewing this, but no replies... Maybe if I clarify my question?

There are a few links dangling off the hydraulic lift arm located center frame, where the deck attaches. When operating the lift, nothing happens. It appears the chain may be too long. Is it a good practice to move the bolt to a different link to 'shorten' the span, so it will affect the deck, and lift it? The pin that goes into deck is attached to the chain via a bolt and lock nut. 

shallowwatersailor

There could be a few problems if the deck is not being lifted.

1. The lift cylinder, or valve is/are leaking past the seals.
  2. There might be an obstruction? Is the deck attached to the tractor correctly?
  3. Is the transaxle fluid level low? Have you changed the fluid and filter?
I had a 520-H with an Eaton 11 that was bought used. Everything worked on it until I got it home. The lift cylinder quit lifting the snowthrower while driving it around. The tractor still operated fine though. Fluid levels were good. I decided to first start with the simple job of doing a fluid and filter change. After I changed the fluid and filter - it started to work again. I would start there.

I'm not sure if your tractor has an Eaton or a Sunstrand. I am not familiar at all with the Sunstrand so this might not apply.

semper5

I stuck my heart under the tractor today, realized there are 2 arms which could be used... I chose the higher arm, and began to slowly replace pieces... (Trunion, eye bolts). Perhaps the prior owner used the wrong lift arm for the deck?

shallowwatersailor

I should have asked first. Did you look up the manuals for the tractor and deck?

semper5

I have but they are horrible scans, difficult to read. 

shallowwatersailor

Does this help? You need to have it attached where it says "Trunnion Position for All Attachments."
bellcrank_trunnion.thumb.jpg.f0ae9c4bd7c

Edited by shallowwatersailor
  • Like 1

semper5

Thank you Shallowwatersailor!! Perfect!