JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

5xi 44 inch mower deck guage wheels

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Ok, who uses what kind of a mower rear deck wheel of thier xi mower deck? After doing the lawn today I noticed mine are pretty beat. I have the mower deck book, but it doesnt give the wheel part number. And I was asking if any of you had a beefier replacement that works. I will want to replace the wheel bolts also. The PO put a good beating on the old ones, so its time for replacement. Thanks guys.

edit: fellas I made a mistake, its the rear wheels that need replacing, Don pointed out my flub to me. Apologies,,,,,,

Glenn

Edited by JERSEYHAWG / Glenn

shallowwatersailor

Glenn, the part number is: 95-4102. There is a seller on eBay currently that has them for $67.99 with free shipping. These have a bronze bushing so should last a while. They are an odd size so I doubt that there would be anything else that would be compatible.

• Like 1

doc724

Glenn, the P/N that John provided is for the rear wheels.  The gage wheels are the ones in the front (on the sides).  I have a 48 inch deck and the P/N for these is 68-2730.  The things they assemble to (the brackets with all the holes in them) are P/N 68-2350.  I replaced a couple of these on my deck and I don't recall prices near as high as John cited, although the hanger bracket was $40-ish.  I also bought the Ex-Mark gage wheels-less $ than Toro.  Check out SJM Parts-they have lots of generic parts (like Stens) and for less $ than Stens direct

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Glenn, the P/N that John provided is for the rear wheels.  The gage wheels are the ones in the front (on the sides).  I have a 48 inch deck and the P/N for these is 68-2730.  The things they assemble to (the brackets with all the holes in them) are P/N 68-2350.  I replaced a couple of these on my deck and I don't recall prices near as high as John cited, although the hanger bracket was $40-ish.  I also bought the Ex-Mark gage wheels-less $ than Toro.  Check out SJM Parts-they have lots of generic parts (like Stens) and for less $ than Stens direct

Don, thank you. BUT, I made the mistake. It actually is the rear wheels that I need to replace. Not the front ones. Sorry about the confusion, my mistake.

Glenn

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Ok, now for what I decided to do on the deck wheels. For starters I took a wheel off my 520 48 inch deck. It mounted right on the 5xi deck. A couple of test mows on the lawn and no problems encountered. So, I decided to order a set of NOS old style deck wheels for the 5xi deck. Why? Because the factory 5xi deck wheels are cheap and cheesy plastic, with a brass ferrel that like a rolled up dollar bill, Imho, garbage. The old style wheels are HEAVY rubber and a HEAVY metal rim with a grease zerk to. They are a tad taller. Anyway thats what I did to resolve me 5xi deck wheel replacement. Oh, the old style wheels besides being built better are cheaper to.

Glenn

20150705_150922.jpg

20150705_150943.jpg

20150705_150747.jpg

20150705_151250.jpg

20150705_151309.jpg

RMCIII

Interesting! The replacements have zerts.

RMC