Sign in to follow this  
gd.pudge

week hyd. press?

gd.pudge

I have a charger12 that i put hyd lift on. The problem is it wll lift until it get a load and stalls :hide: . possiby low pressure or cyl.bypassing internaly.Is there a way to check the cyl? and is any way to adjust pressure on the hystat pump? The trans(sunstrand 90 2046) seems to have plenty of tractive effort Just looking for advice any helr will be appriciated Thanks G.D.

htopjimmy26

From what I understand you can't just hook up a hydraulic cylinder and control valve and have it work there is some sort of doohickey in one of the ports that has to be for a hyd lift machine. One of the experts should be able to tell you what you need. Good luck :hide:

big mike

If you added hyd lift to a manual lift machine you have to change a spring in the hydro to get enough pressure for the lift.

htopjimmy26

Hey Mike, is there a proper names for that spring? Like "charge pump aux spring thingy" of something? Just curios :hide: .

evanloock

The parts for a Sundstrand Hydrogear are: Cone-relief valve (part number 6632) and Spring-relief valve (part number 6631). Both are NLA.

htopjimmy26

Could these parts be purchased from sauer sundstrand still?

Rideawaysenior

It's possible. I've found some NOS parts that are NLA from Sundstrand. I've been lucky to find a good machinist that has been able to build most of what I need to keep my hydros going. I've got both the Eaton and the Sundstrand and the Sundstrand is by far the best. It's a shame that the most economical can be superceeded by the best pump. I only make mention of this because I've used both for some demanding applications and the slipper pump on the Sundstrands sure puts out much more power and torque then them little Eatons.

Rideawaysenior

Forgot to add this, but if you look for a hydro pump that came off of a unit with hydro lift such as a C160 or some of the others that were out there, you should be able to find what you need and also have a good spare parts pump on your hands.

big mike

I have heard that Green dealers still have access to the cones and springs.

gd.pudge

Thanks for your help. I discoverd the pressure releif and spring were missing. no problem i had one in my spare trans. and all works well now. Time for fall plowing

ipperwash

Hi hope some one can help me out i,m changing my 1077 to hyd lift and i,m looking for the same parts cone relief valve @ spring relief valve thank,s Doug.

sorekiwi

It would be cool if someone could come up with some drawings of the parts. Believe it or not, there are still a few machine shops that are willing and able to make little one off bits and pieces.

htopjimmy26

It may be worth the call to Sauer Sundstrand to get their part numbers for the parts and if they don't have them a good manufacturer will tell you the last person that bought any quantity and give you their ph#. These days though you find this kind of customer support less and less....... :hide: