baerpath

New ride to the show F450

stevebo

Now I am not a Ford guy but that is a pretty truck! Congrats Duane. If you break down for some reason:ychain: on the way down, give me a call I will bring my tow chain and pull you the rest of the way there with my Silverado Duramax... lol 

Edited by stevebo
  • Like 6

baerpath

If it breaks down on the way Ford better get there quick cause I won't be a happy camper.

• Like 6

nylyon

Duane, that is absolutely beautiful! I saw a video testing the Ford vs. Dodge vs. Chevy and the Ford easily out pulled the other 2 carrying a 15K 5th wheel.  Very nice!

• Like 2

Racinbob

Now that's a truck. When we were full time RV'ing after selling out in Indiana we started in our 34' motorhome. We quickly decided that full timing would be better in a larger rig so we bought a 38' triple axle/triple slide 5th wheel and a F-350 dually to pull it. It definitely had the power with the 7.3 turbo diesel but it I knew I was pushing the heck out of the max towing weight especially being as loaded as we were since we lived in it. A trip to the scales confirmed it. We settled back down after a little more than a year but a F-450 like yours would have been much more appropriate for the task I was asking it to do. Sweet truck.

Edited by Racinbob

squonk

Nice Truck Duane! Just need a little red somewhere! :handgestures-thumbupright: I hope between you and Brrly there will room at the show for tractors! :)

Hey look Sparky, Cab Lights!:)

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

Nice looking truck!  Congratulations, and here is to many years and miles of safe travel!

baerpath

Now that's a truck. When we were full time RV'ing after selling out in Indiana we started in our 34' motorhome. We quickly decided that full timing would be better in a larger rig so we bought a 38' triple axle/triple slide 5th wheel and a F-350 dually to pull it. It definitely had the power with the 7.3 turbo diesel but it I knew I was pushing the heck out of the max towing weight especially being as loaded as we were since we lived in it. A trip to the scales confirmed it. We settled back down after a little more than a year but a F-450 like yours would have been much more appropriate for the task I was asking it to do. Sweet truck.

​This one will do it GVWR of 40,400lbs and tow rating of 31,700lb.  Even still I'll never sell my 7.3 it's still my favorite engine but we'll see after a yr with this 6.7

• Like 2

Aldon

Very Nice Duane!

jimt1971

Dude nice truck. Even though it's a Ford. I am a Chevy guy.

• Like 2

JimD

I'm a Ford guy all the way and I love it. What a beauty! :)

• Like 2

Racinbob

​This one will do it GVWR of 40,400lbs and tow rating of 31,700lb.  Even still I'll never sell my 7.3 it's still my favorite engine but we'll see after a yr with this 6.7

​That would have handled our 5th wheel like it was a utility trailer. When it comes to diesels I agree on the 7.3. I've wondered about the newer ones but never had a need for that big of a truck after we settled down. It used to be said that there was no substitution for cubic inches but with the new technology these days I think that theory is out the window.

bmsgaffer

I'm a truck guy and that's one sweet lookin' truck.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

fireman

Now I am not a Ford guy but that is a pretty truck! Congrats Duane. If you break down for some reason:ychain: on the way down, give me a call I will bring my tow chain and pull you the rest of the way there with my Silverado Duramax... lol 

​I think Duane would drag your current truck, the old one and your old Tahoe chained together to the show and back with that beast!

That's one SWEET ride Duane!

• Like 2

stevebo

​I think Duane would drag your current truck, the old one and your old Tahoe chained together to the show and back with that beast!

​Go easy there F150 boy ....lol

Edited by stevebo

Brrly1

Duane, I've been drooling ever since I laid my eyes on it. That is definitely one fine ride! I'm going to check out you tip on the pricing, might be time to make my move. Again one Nice ride!!

Ken B

​I think my van would have dragged big Whitey..:ychain:

• Like 1

baerpath

First run 250 miles averaged 18mpg  I'm surprised with the size of it and 4.30 gears that it got that good. Almost as good as the 7.3  Next week we'll see what it does with 8,000lbs behind it

• Like 1

nylyon

18 with 4.30's, not bad at all.  My WELL broken in 6.0 gets 21 with 3.73's and that's a SRW.  Still loving the 450 Duane!

truckin88

duane beauitful truck, there is nothing like a super duty. And nothing plows like one either.SFA, auto/manual hubs, crew cab has tons of room. Loved my 09 v10, just didn't get the use it should have so downsized to the 150 for ride and gas mileage. a good friend of mine has a 12 with that motor and loves it, he has a 6.- bullet proofed before on his 06, and says these new 6.7's blow the old one away. best of luck.

BTW super dutys hold their value the best of any car I have ever had.

Edited by truckin88

can whlvr

we have the same truck at work,actually we have all the American big trucks,the new ford is the strongest but its been in the shop for warranty work 2 times in 15000 km,the chev has been the most reliable,but the ford is a real puller.we have an old 7.3 turbo in a 550 cube van and its been amazing,400,000km and never broke down

• Like 1

muz123

Thats one sweet truck!

Edited by muz123